Do you think this would work?

[name]Bea[/name] as a nickname for [name]Mirabelle[/name]?

I want a name that I can get the nn [name]Bea[/name] out of and can’t find any beginning with B or with the “bee” sound in it that I love so I’ve resorted to anything with a B in it!!

[name]Mirabelle[/name]'s already on my list and I wouldn’t want to use the nn [name]Belle[/name] as [name]Penelope[/name] nn [name]Nell[/name] is on my list too, so is [name]Bea[/name] too far fetched or could it work?

I know some [name]Isabelle[/name]'s go by [name]Ibbie[/name]…hmm. Would love some feedback on this! :slight_smile:

Personally, I find it too much of a stretch.

Not sure if you have already rejected this one, but I know a [name]Bianca[/name] who goes by [name]Bea[/name]–a bit unexpected, but that one totally works for me.

A bit of a stretch but why don’t you use [name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] and call her [name]Bea[/name], the nn for the middle?? Totally legit, albeit slightly confusing!

I also find it a bit of a stretch, only because the “be” sound in “belle” is so different from the “bea” sound. But I like pickles suggestion of [name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]. That makes more sense, plus it is a gorgeous name!

It is a gorgeous combo and I’d love to use it, in fact I’d love to use [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Beatrix[/name] or [name]Beatriz[/name] as a first name but my partner doesn’t like the name. And I already have middles picked out to honour family members which would be [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Lili[/name] or [name]Lili[/name] [name]Louise[/name].

I got the idea cos I believe [name]Bea[/name] is sometimes used as a nn for [name]Elizabeth[/name] which is no closer to [name]Bea[/name] than [name]Mirabelle[/name] is!

Oh well, I do agree it’s a stretch! Other options (but I don’t love any!) are [name]Sabine[/name], [name]Bridget[/name], [name]Elsbeth[/name], [name]Abilene[/name], [name]Brianne[/name] and [name]Briar[/name]. Hmm maybe I just need to let go of [name]Bea[/name] because I think it’s important to love the full name and the nn.

As for [name]Mirabelle[/name], the nn would likely be [name]Mira[/name] as we also have [name]Penelope[/name] nn [name]Nell[/name] on our list, and [name]Belle[/name] and [name]Nell[/name] is way too cutesy for me! Other options are [name]Miri[/name] and [name]Mae[/name]. Which is everyone’s fav?

Thank you :slight_smile:

I think [name]Bea[/name] is an adorable nn for [name]Mirabelle[/name]! I really like nicknames that catch you offguard. Like when I call my daughter [name]Grace[/name], [name]Aggie[/name]. Some people get confused or upset (like my mother-in-law), but guess what? She’s not their kid. My wide range of nicknames for my daughter do not confuse her, because she knows her full name and will tell anyone who asks her (she’s two). She even asks me to call her some of her favorites, like [name]Gracie[/name] [name]Pat[/name], Darlin’ [name]Patsy[/name] and [name]Aggie[/name]. As long as your daughter knows her name, call her whatever you want. Some people may disapprove, but it can be a sweet secret between the two of you, or she may love being called the spunky but sweet [name]Bea[/name] more than the classy and regal [name]Mirabelle[/name]. Of your other options, I like [name]Mae[/name] the best, but I think that it is no less of a stretch than [name]Bea[/name]. Whatever you decide will be perfect!