Does Anyone Know Any Good Nicknames for the Name "Rachel"?

Hello. :slight_smile:

I wanted to know if anyone out there knew any good or cute nicknames for the name [name_f]Rachel[/name_f]…besides [name_u]Ray[/name_u]/[name_u]Rae[/name_u] or Rach, haha.

I’d appreciate it a lot! Thanks, and God bless!

You could go with the end sound and call her [name_f]Elle[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] or [name_f]Ella[/name_f].

I know a [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] who gets called [name_u]Shelly[/name_u] or [name_u]Shell[/name_u]. it doesn’t really need a nickname it’s short enough

[name_f]Ellie[/name_f] could work! Maybe Raylie?

I like all of those nicknames, especially Raylie. :slight_smile: That’s cute! Thank you.

Maybe Chel, Chill or [name_m]Chili[/name_m]

Chel is cute, and so is [name_m]Chili[/name_m], haha. Maybe even [name_f]Chelli[/name_f]/Chelly, or even Chella?

As a [name_f]Rachel[/name_f], I feel obligated to respond. I just go by [name_f]Rachel[/name_f], but my immediate family often calls me [name_u]Ray[/name_u]. But: some alternatives.

Chelly/[name_f]Chellie[/name_f]: like [name_u]Chelsea[/name_u], except not.

[name_u]Shelly[/name_u]/[name_u]Shellie[/name_u]: a bit farther away, but still usable.

Other people have suggested [name_f]Ella[/name_f]/[name_f]Ellie[/name_f], but I think it’s a bit far to go and she’d just blend in with [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_f]Eliana[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Elle[/name_f], and whatnot.

Really, though, if you’re planning on naming a child [name_f]Rachel[/name_f], I’d just call her [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] at first and see what nicknames pop up, or even use a nickname originating from her middle if you’re too hesitant to call her by her first name.

I appreciate your insight, [name_f]Rachel[/name_f]. :slight_smile: I do like Chelly/[name_f]Chellie[/name_f], and also [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] (though I am aiming for nicknames that are less common right now; though [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] and [name_f]Ella[/name_f] are both pretty and adorable).

My family calls me [name_f]Chellie[/name_f], my friends calls me [name_m]Chay[/name_m], but my fiancé calls me [name_u]Rainy[/name_u], hahahahaha. I do like all of them, but I prefer Rach, hahaha!

I like [name_m]Chay[/name_m], that’s cute! And [name_u]Rainy[/name_u] is adorable, ahaha. Thank you!

[name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], [name_f]Elle[/name_f], [name_f]Chelle[/name_f]?

So my little sister’s name is [name_f]Rachel[/name_f], and we started calling her “Rachi Roo Kangaroo” and it’s the cutest thing ever!! Sometimes we just call her Roo or Rach or Rachie. :smiley:

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! My name’s [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] and some nicknames I use are [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_u]Rue[/name_u], Rach, and [name_u]Rae[/name_u] or [name_u]Rae[/name_u] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]. Sometimes Chell or [name_m]Chay[/name_m], or [name_u]Arie[/name_u].