Does Aven Leigh sound too close to "heavenly" when you say it out loud?

Aven is at the top of my list for our girl due next month although we won’t finalize a name until she’s born. [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] is my middle name and initially I thought it sounded really pretty with Aven, but then I realized it may sound too close to the word “heavenly.”

(Note: Aven is pronounced Ay-ven, not [name_m]Ah[/name_m]-ven)

If you think it’s too close, any suggestions on other middle names?

I love the name Aven but I’m not a fan of it with [name_u]Leigh[/name_u]. As far as suggestions, do you have a short list of other names you like to kinda get a feel for your style?

Some other names we like are [name_f]Brynn[/name_f], [name_f]Cora[/name_f], [name_u]Finley[/name_u], [name_f]Lainey[/name_f]. MN for Aven can’t end in an “n” sound bc our last name does.

Aven [name_u]Finley[/name_u] is cute. Maybe one of these:

Aven [name_f]Coraline[/name_f]
Aven [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
Aven [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
Aven [name_f]Stella[/name_f]
Aven [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
Aven [name_f]Brenna[/name_f]
Aven [name_u]Piper[/name_u]
Aven [name_f]Willow[/name_f]
Aven [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
Aven [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
Aven [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
Aven [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
Aven [name_f]Iris[/name_f]
Aven [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
Aven [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
Aven [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
Aven [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]/[name_f]Seraphine[/name_f]
Aven [name_f]Isla[/name_f]
Aven [name_u]June[/name_u]
Aven [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
Aven [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
Aven [name_u]Reese[/name_u]
Aven [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
Aven [name_f]Mira[/name_f]
Aven [name_f]Mila[/name_f]
Aven [name_f]Sapphira[/name_f]
Aven [name_f]Zinnia[/name_f]
Aven [name_f]Callista[/name_f]
Aven [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
Aven [name_f]Estella[/name_f]
Aven [name_f]Geneva[/name_f]
Aven [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f]
Aven [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
Aven [name_f]Lillia[/name_f]
Aven [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
Aven [name_f]Vera[/name_f]
Aven [name_u]Hadley[/name_u]
Aven [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
Aven [name_f]Arabelle[/name_f]/[name_f]Arabella[/name_f]
Aven [name_f]Lavender[/name_f]

And some similar to [name_u]Leigh[/name_u]:

Aven [name_f]Leora[/name_f]
Aven [name_f]Leona[/name_f]
Aven [name_f]Leanna[/name_f]
Aven [name_f]Lenora[/name_f]
Aven [name_f]Liana[/name_f]
Aven [name_f]Lilliana[/name_f]

The heavenly thing doesn’t bother me, but I’m not sure the names really go together. I second Aven [name_u]Finley[/name_u]!

Doesn’t sound like heavenly, but sounds like Avonlea.

I think Aven would sound much nicer with a different middle. Aven Leigh is a bit tacky.

I like Aven but not such a big fan of Aven [name_u]Leigh[/name_u]. I love the sound of an old name with Aven like Aven [name_f]Marie[/name_f], Aven [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], or Aven [name_f]Estelle[/name_f].

Aven [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] is tacky. Go with Aven [name_u]Finley[/name_u].

I [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] Aven - it makes me very happy to see someone using it :slight_smile:

Aven [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] is very nice imo and the ‘heavenly’ sound doesn’t detract from it all all.

I didn’t immediately think [name_f]Heavenly[/name_f]. I love Aven, and [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] is nice… but it might flow a bitter better with a longer middle name. Aven [name_u]Finley[/name_u] does sound nice, and you still get a nice nod to your middle name this way!

[name_u]LEE[/name_u] IS SUCH A HARD MIDDLE NAME TO WORK WITH. I’m a fourth-generation middle-name [name_u]Lee[/name_u]. It’s almost impossible finding a name that doesn’t sound like some nound + ly. My top pick for the longest time was [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. Violently? Um, no. [name_f]Cora[/name_f]? Well, [name_f]Coralie[/name_f] is a [name_m]French[/name_m] name. [name_f]Ada[/name_f]? [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] almost sounds made up. [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] + [name_u]Lee[/name_u] kind of sounds like heavenly as well. The struggle is real, I can assure you.

But, keep in mind, heavenly is not exactly a bad association for a little girl. :slight_smile:

Not really, but I suppose it would with the right accent. I highly recommend a middle name longer than one syllable with Aven.

I don’t think it sounds too much like “heavenly” but I still don’t think it is a great combo. I agree with southern.maple that a longer name would work better. Aven [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] is lovely.

Aven [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] doesn’t sound great to me. Could you use [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] or [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] instead with a different middle name? You could even use [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] with the nickname [name_f]Lainie[/name_f]?