Does Brayley Grey sound girly?

I love the name! We are working with Mann for the last name, which makes it hard. What do you all think about Brayley? I have a few people telling me that it sounds girly. I came up with it by combining different family members names & [name]Grey[/name] is a family name. Please be honest :slight_smile:

I know actually know a Braylie [name]Jean[/name] (parents [name]Brandon[/name] + [name]Haylie[/name]). Her brother is [name]Haydon[/name].

I think it sounds more feminine, and I definitely can’t see this on an adult.

[name]Grey[/name] is great, though.

Good luck!

Sorry to tell you than I would definitely think this was a girl’s name.

Yep. It sounds pretty girly. What about [name]Braden[/name] [name]Grey[/name] or [name]Brady[/name] [name]Grey[/name]? I think both of these names will age much better.

It sounds pretty girly to me. what about [name]Bradley[/name] or Bramley

I agree that Brayley sounds girly. [name]Grey[/name] is very nice though, and I love that it’s a family name!

Let me say that I would hate to see that as a girls name. It does not sound pretty at all. It sound sound … I’m not sure. Not feminine but not really masculine, either. I’m a fan of names like [name]Morgan[/name], [name]Avery[/name], [name]Bailey[/name], etc. on boys but I’m not sure how to describe Brayley. Are you really set on this? They rhyme and it has so many Y’s…

Brayley does sound a little fem but that is not really what troubles me. It is just soooo trendy and misspelled looking like brayden/aiden and [name]Jayden[/name]. I think [name]Grey[/name] would be great as the first name.

I think it definitely sounds like a girl’s name. I did go to school with a boy named [name]Bray[/name] ( his brothers were [name]Brandt[/name] and [name]Brock[/name]), but [name]Bray[/name] [name]Grey[/name] definitely wouldn’t work.
What is attractive to you about Brayley? I was wondering so I could offer some alternatives. Also, I know how it feels to work with a difficult last name. Our surname is Castle, and almost everything we put with it sounds like we are naming an actual castle!

Yes, Brayley sounds very girly to me. Maybe you could go with [name]Braylon[/name] or [name]Brady[/name] instead? [name]Grey[/name] is a great middle name though.