Does Iris sound ok with this last name?

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband brought up the name [name_f]Iris[/name_f] the other day and mentioned that he likes it. It was one of the names on our long list before we knew the sex of our twins.

The thing is our last name sounds like “Hugh’s”. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_f]Iris[/name_f] sounds odd with this last name or could it work?

1 Like

I think it sounds fine!

1 Like

It actually sounds really nice to me!!

1 Like

I personally don’t love it. When I say it aloud it kind of runs together into Irisyous if that makes sense?
I’d recommend names like [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Posey[/name_f] and [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] if you like Iris!!

ETA - I want to add, I think a middle name could really help with this and it’s not like she will be called [name_f]Iris[/name_f] Hughs her whole life, it’ll be shortened to [name_f]Iris[/name_f]. This being said, if you love it and can’t find any other names, use it! Why not?

1 Like

I think [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_m]Hughes[/name_m] sounds totally fine. [name_f]Iris[/name_f] is beautiful!

1 Like

This is what I was wondering about kind of. I thought it could run together and maybe sound like “Irish” or “issues”. Lol I still like [name_f]Iris[/name_f] but thanks for the suggestions! [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is lovely too. :blush:

1 Like

Sounds fine to me!

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] is lovely such a gorgeous name with a lovely meaning perfect for a baby born in such a trying time :rainbow:

1 Like

I think it sounds fine!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Iris[/name_f] btw :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I think it sounds just fine! I love [name_f]Iris[/name_f] :blush:

1 Like

I think it sounds fine!!

1 Like

Actually it really makes me think of hue as in color since [name_f]Iris[/name_f] already has a color vibe. So I’m thinking of flower colors and eye colors. It’s also a bit S heavy for me. It’s fine, for sure, and if I loved [name_f]Iris[/name_f] I wouldn’t not use it, but maybe has some issues if you think about it too hard.

1 Like

I didn’t pick up on this and I don’t think I ever would have haha.

1 Like

Yes, I can see the color thing too. [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is funny with our last name for the same reason but Hubby thinks it’s cool because of that lol

1 Like

It sounds fine.

1 Like

I think it sounds beautiful. Simple, sleek and sophisticated.

1 Like

I think it sounds fine!

1 Like

I think it sounds nice!

1 Like

It does make me think about “hues” but that’s not negative, and it’s almost certainly only because I took a good minute to consider if there was anything weird about [name_f]Iris[/name_f] Hugh3s. I loooove the name [name_f]Iris[/name_f]. I say go for it!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Iris[/name_f], and I think it sounds alright with your last name!

1 Like

It sounds fine.

1 Like