Does it clash?

Slowly narrowing down the options for daughter number 4.

We had agreed on adalyn [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] until my husband asked if maybe we could name after his grandfather [name_u]Noah[/name_u] who recently passed away. I have lost both my grandfather’s recently as well. One was [name_u]Maurice[/name_u] and one was Morton… which is why we went with [name_f]Michelle[/name_f]. Though not the same name it kind of reminds me of them.

So now my question is if I give the female version of [name_u]Noa[/name_u] does it clash with the sisters very feminine names?

Sisters are [name_f]Molly[/name_f] [name_f]Zee[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Nicole[/name_f].

Also from the last 4 names we were debating between which goes best with [name_u]Noa[/name_u] to help ease the clash with Sisters names.

[name_f]Adalyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Michelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Michaela[/name_f]
[name_f]Kayla[/name_f]

2 Likes

I like Noa Michelle but I dont know of you would prefer Noa as a middle name

Hm, my only issue is that Molly, Sophia and Olivia are quite popular names, so when people hear Noa’s name they might assume it’s Noah instead of a female name, since Noah is popular for boys and it matches the sibling set.

What about Noelle? Obviously, Noelle Michelle doesn’t work. But since Michelle is after Maurice and Morton, what about something like Noelle Margaret, Noelle Marigold, Noelle Maura, Noelle Margot, Noelle Mariah, etc? Or if you don’t like Noelle, maybe Naomi or Noemi would work? Or Nora! Nora Michelle is pretty.

1 Like

Like the previous poster said, [name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] would be a perfect nod to the three grandfathers, and works wonderfully with her siblings.

1 Like

The last sibling often gets a slightly different name to the elder siblings I’ve noticed so I don’t think it’s a huge deal that it doesn’t “go”

[name_u]Noa[/name_u] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] brings balance or maybe [name_u]Noa[/name_u] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] spelled this way

I love [name_u]Noa[/name_u] for you! It is a bit different in style but it doesn’t grate or clash, and I find sibling names that a bit different make a more interesting sibset so I would go for [name_u]Noa[/name_u]. The spelling of [name_u]Noa[/name_u] looks quite feminine and [name_u]Noa[/name_u] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] works well as honour names.

1 Like

I feel like [name_u]Noa[/name_u] is a different vibe than her sisters , but I don’t think it’s a bad thing ! Her name would be chalked full of sentiment which is beautiful and special in her own right!

If you want something that doesn’t “clash” or maybe feels more feminine like [name_f]Molly[/name_f] , [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] but still honours [name_u]Noah[/name_u] (stars are my personal favs)
[name_f]Nora[/name_f] *
[name_f]Nola[/name_f]
[name_f]Noella[/name_f]
[name_f]Norma[/name_f]
[name_f]Nala[/name_f]
[name_f]Nara[/name_f]
[name_f]Nadia[/name_f]
Nina*
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Nia[/name_f] **
[name_u]Nicola[/name_u]
[name_u]Nova[/name_u] ***

I do think sticking with [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] and honouring your grandfathers is important too.

[name_u]Nova[/name_u] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Nia[/name_f] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Nina[/name_f] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f]

I know a little girl called [name_u]Noa[/name_u] and it suits her absolutely perfectly !!! I don’t think it clashes too much with older sisters names in fact I think it’s cool that the vibe changed!

So I think that Noa Michelle sounds really good and I don’t think that it clashes with the other girls names though it doesn’t sound the best. I think that Michelle Noa could work. Although the name itself doesn’t flow quite as well this way round, Michelle works really well with the other girls names and your surname may help the combo flow!

[name_u]Genesis[/name_u] 6:8 [name_u]Noah[/name_u] found “Grace” in the eyes of the lord. (Possibly [name_f]Grace[/name_f] to honor Noah).
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] the suggestion from @elva of [name_f]Grace[/name_f] Michelle!!! Subtle nod to [name_u]Noah[/name_u] while keeping the feminine and popular name theme. I also agree that [name_f]Nora[/name_f] could work to honor [name_u]Noah[/name_u]. In which case I like [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Adalyn[/name_f]. If you choose [name_u]Noa[/name_u] I prefer [name_u]Noa[/name_u] [name_f]Adalyn[/name_f] with your other daughters as well.

I immediately thought of [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f]!