Does it clash?

Slowly narrowing down the options for daughter number 4.

We had agreed on adalyn [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] until my husband asked if maybe we could name after his grandfather [name_u]Noah[/name_u] who recently passed away. I have lost both my grandfather’s recently as well. One was [name_u]Maurice[/name_u] and one was Morton… which is why we went with [name_f]Michelle[/name_f]. Though not the same name it kind of reminds me of them.

So now my question is if I give the female version of [name_u]Noa[/name_u] does it clash with the sisters very feminine names?

Sisters are [name_f]Molly[/name_f] [name_f]Zee[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Nicole[/name_f].

Also from the last 4 names we were debating between which goes best with [name_u]Noa[/name_u] to help ease the clash with Sisters names.

[name_f]Adalyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Michelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Michaela[/name_f]
[name_f]Kayla[/name_f]

2 Likes

I like Noa Michelle but I dont know of you would prefer Noa as a middle name

Hm, my only issue is that [name_f]Molly[/name_f], [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] are quite popular names, so when people hear Noa’s name they might assume it’s [name_u]Noah[/name_u] instead of a female name, since [name_u]Noah[/name_u] is popular for boys and it matches the sibling set.

What about [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]? Obviously, [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] doesn’t work. But since [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] is after [name_u]Maurice[/name_u] and [name_m]Morton[/name_m], what about something like [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] [name_f]Maura[/name_f], [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] [name_f]Mariah[/name_f], etc? [name_u]Or[/name_u] if you don’t like [name_f]Noelle[/name_f], maybe [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] or [name_f]Noemi[/name_f] would work? [name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_f]Nora[/name_f]! [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] is pretty.

1 Like

Like the previous poster said, [name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] would be a perfect nod to the three grandfathers, and works wonderfully with her siblings.

1 Like

The last sibling often gets a slightly different name to the elder siblings I’ve noticed so I don’t think it’s a huge deal that it doesn’t “go”

[name_u]Noa[/name_u] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] brings balance or maybe [name_u]Noa[/name_u] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] spelled this way

I love [name_u]Noa[/name_u] for you! It is a bit different in style but it doesn’t grate or clash, and I find sibling names that a bit different make a more interesting sibset so I would go for [name_u]Noa[/name_u]. The spelling of [name_u]Noa[/name_u] looks quite feminine and [name_u]Noa[/name_u] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] works well as honour names.

1 Like

I feel like [name_u]Noa[/name_u] is a different vibe than her sisters , but I don’t think it’s a bad thing ! Her name would be chalked full of sentiment which is beautiful and special in her own right!

If you want something that doesn’t “clash” or maybe feels more feminine like [name_f]Molly[/name_f] , [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] but still honours [name_u]Noah[/name_u] (stars are my personal favs)
[name_f]Nora[/name_f] *
[name_f]Nola[/name_f]
[name_f]Noella[/name_f]
[name_f]Norma[/name_f]
[name_f]Nala[/name_f]
[name_f]Nara[/name_f]
[name_f]Nadia[/name_f]
Nina*
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Nia[/name_f] **
[name_u]Nicola[/name_u]
[name_u]Nova[/name_u] ***

I do think sticking with [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] and honouring your grandfathers is important too.

[name_u]Nova[/name_u] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Nia[/name_f] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Nina[/name_f] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f]

I know a little girl called [name_u]Noa[/name_u] and it suits her absolutely perfectly !!! I don’t think it clashes too much with older sisters names in fact I think it’s cool that the vibe changed!

So I think that [name_u]Noa[/name_u] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] sounds really good and I don’t think that it clashes with the other girls names though it doesn’t sound the best. I think that [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] [name_u]Noa[/name_u] could work. Although the name itself doesn’t flow quite as well this way round, [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] works really well with the other girls names and your surname may help the combo flow!

[name_u]Genesis[/name_u] 6:8 [name_u]Noah[/name_u] found “Grace” in the eyes of the lord. (Possibly [name_f]Grace[/name_f] to honor Noah).
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] the suggestion from @elva of [name_f]Grace[/name_f] Michelle!!! Subtle nod to [name_u]Noah[/name_u] while keeping the feminine and popular name theme. I also agree that [name_f]Nora[/name_f] could work to honor [name_u]Noah[/name_u]. In which case I like [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Adalyn[/name_f]. If you choose [name_u]Noa[/name_u] I prefer [name_u]Noa[/name_u] [name_f]Adalyn[/name_f] with your other daughters as well.

I immediately thought of [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f]!