Does “Sage Phoenix” sound gender neutral to you?

I’ve asked some people, most say it’s okay, but a few say [name_u]Sage[/name_u] is feminine since most of the times you’ll go by your first name only. I would like the name to be neutral, usable for all genders (aka, won’t let a boy or a girl get weird look for that). [name_f]Do[/name_f] you guys think it’s okay for a boy to go by [name_u]Sage[/name_u]? Would you be surprised?
Both [name_u]Sage[/name_u] and [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] aren’t traditional obviously, but as this isn’t gonna be a name for a newborn (it’s rather complicated, I prefer to not disclose all details for privacy reasons), that’s not a concern.
Posted it on boy’s sub originally, someone suggested that I should put it here.

Yes, it sounds very gender neutral. Both names are truly unissex.

1 Like

certainly gender neutral for me! [name_u]Sage[/name_u] spelled this way could definitely fit either. I think [name_u]Saige[/name_u] with the I is more feminine. [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] is entirely gender neutral in my opinion.

Lovely Combo by the way!

1 Like

I think it is gender neutral! [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] is about 50/50 for me. [name_u]Sage[/name_u] is more common for girls but I knew a boy [name_u]Sage[/name_u] in high school (twin to [name_u]Quentin[/name_u]!) and I prefer it on a boy.

Sage [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] sounds so truly gender neutral! And also badass :wink:

3 Likes

I think [name_u]Sage[/name_u] for a boy is fine. I’m mostly heard it on girls, but I don’t think many people would be suprised at all.

I think it is gender neutral., both names are definitely usable for boys and girls.

I do prefer the flow of [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] [name_u]Sage[/name_u] personally but I think it works both ways.

1 Like

I would guess boy if I heard the name but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if it was a girl.

Unfortunately, that one flows bad with the surname haha.

That’s part of the reason why I like it. Sounds really cool and unique. Thanks y’all for reassuring!

1 Like

It’s very neutral. Both [name_u]Sage[/name_u] and [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] are very gender neutral names and they also work well together. But personally I’d prefer it on a boy but that’s just my opinion😁

1 Like

Yes.

To me it sounds very neutral, but my first instinct would be to guess that it’s a boy.