Does this combo work? Honest opinions please.

Not pregnant but TTC and building a list. Of course I thought we had our [name]Hazel[/name] combos picked out which the berries helped me choose. Then my boyfriend throws a curve ball. He suggested adding [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Aphrodite[/name] to the list. Does this work at all? I am undecided so once again I am relying on the berries!

Thanks in advance.

I think it works!

It does, but I’m not a big fan of [name]Hazel[/name] or [name]Aphrodite[/name].

@coco1010- Thank you!

@uniquenamelover- That is okay, I know its not going to be everyone’s taste I just want to know if it flows well. And sounds nice.

I love [name]Hazel[/name], but [name]Aphrodite[/name] just doesn’t do it for me as a middle. It all depends on what direction you want to go with the combo though. [name]Hazel[/name] is a very versatile name. Depending on the middle name, it can go in the sweet, old-fashioned direction or the mysterious, stately beauty direction. [name]Aphrodite[/name] definitely takes it in the latter direction and even makes it a little bit aloof. I hope that helps!

[name]Aphrodite[/name] is a little out there for me, but I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Hazel[/name], and [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Aphrodite[/name] flows beautifully. The 2-4 syllable counts work very well together.

I love [name]Hazel[/name]. [name]Love[/name], love, love it. I didn’t have room for it on my list this time around, but there are a lot of names I’m finding I can’t fit on my list this time around! [name]Aphrodite[/name] I don’t really “get” as a name–it just seems so unusual and quite a bit unusable, imo. I can’t imagine it working on an actual child, and it seems like a lot to live up to. Then again, I’ve always been iffy about Greek mythology names in general. [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Daphne[/name] are about as out-there as I get, haha. I think [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Aphrodite[/name] sounds fine, though, and surprisingly, I’m not opposed to it as a combo. I find [name]Hazel[/name] really hard to pair up, and while I wouldn’t swoon over a [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Aphrodite[/name], I wouldn’t dislike it, either. I have to say, though, I like [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Serafina[/name] so much more. I have really grown to like it on your list. Is that still a contender?

@sunshine.10- That kinds of makes sense lol basically depending on the middle it can push [name]Hazel[/name] into a direction. Which all of our [name]Hazel[/name] combos push [name]Hazel[/name] in a direction toward an old romantic feel. With [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Aphrodite[/name] it keeps it on the cooler or mysterious side. It is not as warm? Or attractive I’m guessing.

@claireelise- Thank you! I know [name]Aphrodite[/name] is not for everyone, and I would never use it as a first name. But in the middle spot I believe you can go wild and that is where you have fun [name]IMO[/name]. I am just glad it flows, that is what my main concern was. And if they compliment each other or sound totally stupid.

I am in the same boat as you, it is honestly our main name if we were to have a little girl. My boyfriend is Greek so I think [name]Aphrodite[/name] is one of the prettier Greek mythology [name]Goddess[/name] names. It sounds strong to me which is totally different than our other [name]Hazel[/name] combos which are soft and romantic. Penelope is on our list as well. These names are not out there at all for me, even Aphrodite. I had some crazy unusual names on my list till my boyfriend told me I need to calm it down lol.

Haha, sorry if my response was confusing! I think [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Aphrodite[/name] is still an attractive combination, but it is much more cool and mysterious than say, [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Marceline[/name] or [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Juliet[/name].

@[name]Sunshine[/name], I totally understand it now lol I got a little lost before. Thank you for clearing it up for me! :slight_smile:

I think it works, but I like [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Andromeda[/name] instead.

I want to say it’s fine because it’s in the middle, but honestly if my middle name was [name]Aphrodite[/name] and someone asked me about my middle name, I’d probably be embarrassed to tell them. But I’m a very shy person, so if I had a different personality it might be a totally different story and something to be proud of! It’s certainly a cool name, just a bit [name]OTT[/name] for most people. Be ready for some raised eyebrows when your birth announcements go out :wink:

Side note: I absolutely love [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Isadora[/name]. Sooo stunning!

I love [name]Hazel[/name]! [name]Aphrodite[/name] is not my first choice, I don’t really think of it as a good flow with [name]Hazel[/name]. I think of [name]Hazel[/name] as really a warm and sweet name, and I think of [name]Aphrodite[/name] as a cool, mysterious, powerful, ruthless-ruler name. [name]Aphrodite[/name] could be a good middle name, just not with [name]Hazel[/name] I think. If you’re going for the warm, sweet feel, may I suggest something Like [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Rae[/name]/[name]Kaye[/name]/[name]May[/name], [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Renee[/name], or [name]Hazel[/name] with an [name]Isa[/name]- name like [name]Isabeau[/name], [name]Isabelle[/name], [name]Isadora[/name]?

Though, overall, if you like it, don’t mind my 2 cents, you know? I don’t think it’s awful, I’m just not big on goddess names.

I wish you good naming luck!

I really prefer your other combos: [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Isadora[/name], [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Juliet[/name], and [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Serafina[/name].

It is not a definite since I am not really fond of it. It was a combo my boyfriend through at me. And of course I ask berries opinions! The other combos I mentioned are more my style and will be used not [name]Aphrodite[/name]. I feel a more mysterious first needs to go with the mysterious [name]Aphrodite[/name]. I love [name]Aphrodite[/name] but like I said not my first pick. I feel [name]Hazel[/name] has an old time romantic feel that which I paired it with more romantic middles. I appreciate the opinions, it is nice hearing out side thoughts on the combo.