Does this name flow?!?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone - I am new to the site, and pregnant with my first child (22 weeks)!

My husband and I want a boy’s name that honors both our grandfathers - [name_m]Bernard[/name_m] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m]. We are set on using the middle name [name_m]Leo[/name_m], as that is my husband’s middle name too and we really like it.

We are struggling with the first name - we want to use a “B”, but the only name we have agreed on so far is [name_u]Beau[/name_u].

Question: Does [name_u]Beau[/name_u] [name_m]Leo[/name_m] sound good / flow together?? I can’t decide if I like those names together or not!!

It’s a little too much O for me, even though both names are very handsome!

What about lengthening [name_u]Beau[/name_u] a little? Beauden [name_m]Leo[/name_m]/Bowden [name_m]Leo[/name_m], or even [name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m].

There is something a bit off about the flow but I don’t think it’s awful. I love PP’s suggestion of [name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m].

I think it’s lovely. Maybe Bodean [name_m]Leo[/name_m]?

I also love the suggestion of [name_m]Bowen[/name_m]!

[name_u]Beau[/name_u] is a GREAT name. I would rather change the name [name_m]Leo[/name_m] to [name_m]Leonard[/name_m] :

[name_u]Beau[/name_u] [name_m]Leonard[/name_m]

I like both the suggestions of [name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_u]Beau[/name_u] [name_m]Leonard[/name_m].

Maybe…
[name_u]Beau[/name_u] [name_m]Leon[/name_m]
[name_m]Beauregard[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m]
?

[name_u]Beau[/name_u] [name_m]Leo[/name_m] doesn’t have the greatest flow to me, they run into each other a bit. What about [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m]? Or [name_m]Beauregard[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m] with the nickname [name_u]Beau[/name_u]? Most people don’t use their nickname and middle name together, so it wouldn’t be a problem there.

I like [name_m]Bowen[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m]. :slight_smile:

Thanks! I have thought about that, but just don’t like any of the “[name_u]Bo[/name_u]…” names as much as [name_u]Beau[/name_u] so far :frowning:

Agree that would make it sound better! My husband is set on [name_m]Leo[/name_m] since it is a family name for him

I like [name_u]Beau[/name_u], but it doesn’t sound its best with [name_m]Leo[/name_m]. Have you considered using [name_m]Leo[/name_m] in the first name spot? I know it’s popular but my opinion is honor names trump popularity. [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Bernard[/name_m] is fantastic. Or, what about [name_m]Bernard[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m]? The flow isn’t quite as good but it offers fun nicknames: [name_m]Ben[/name_m], [name_m]Bard[/name_m], etc.
I always like family names best in their original form, but obviously if the significance is still there for you with [name_u]Beau[/name_u] or something else than that is what matters!

Maybe change it up a bit:
Brodi [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_m]Baden[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m], Baren [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_m]Bauer[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_u]Baylor[/name_u] [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_m]Bear[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_m]Beauchamp[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_m]Beckham[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_u]Bentley[/name_u] [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_m]Berlin[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_u]Blaine[/name_u] [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_m]Bohan[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_m]Brooks[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_m]Boston[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_m]Boyd[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_u]Bryce[/name_u] [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_m]Bryson[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_m]Byron[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m]

Is there a specific reason you’re not using [name_m]Bernard[/name_m]? I think [name_m]Bernard[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m] sounds fine!

[name_u]Beau[/name_u] [name_m]Leo[/name_m] seems to be your preference, so you should go for it! Flow isn’t everything, and you shouldn’t disregard your favourites for that reason. :slight_smile:

I agree with @ceryle!

[name_u]Beau[/name_u] and [name_m]Leo[/name_m] are both really short so I would do as previously suggested and find a longer name for [name_u]Beau[/name_u] and keep [name_u]Beau[/name_u] as a nickname for the name. (Or even use an alternative to [name_m]Leo[/name_m] like [name_m]Leonardo[/name_m]. [name_u]Beau[/name_u] [name_m]Leonardo[/name_m] would solve the problem)

I don’t love the flow, but it’s not terrible. You really don’t say first names and middle names together that much! I don’t think it’s that big of an issue (even though it does when you are trying to name your baby). If you love both names, I say go for it.

I don’t think [name_u]Beau[/name_u] [name_m]Leo[/name_m] sounds good at all, sorry.

My first thought is that [name_u]Beau[/name_u] [name_m]Leo[/name_m] sounds like polio. I don’t usually get too caught up in flow, but in this case, I would probably change it up. I agree with the recommendation of using [name_m]Bernard[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m]. That way you avoid the flow issues, honor both relatives and you can always use [name_u]Beau[/name_u] as a nn for [name_m]Bernard[/name_m]. Congrats on your first baby!