Does this sound right?

[name_f]Charmaine[/name_f], [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] and [name_u]August[/name_u]? Also, middle names for [name_f]Charmaine[/name_f] and [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] (I like [name_u]James[/name_u] for August)? And do [name_f]Charmain[/name_f] and [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] work as honor names for [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Emily[/name_f]?

Thanks

1 Like

[name_f]Charmaine[/name_f], [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] and [name_u]August[/name_u]?

I do not know if it will work because they are so different. [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] is classic and feminine. [name_f]Charmaine[/name_f] is more biblical. And [name_u]August[/name_u] is more popular and spunky. In my opinion they are just to different to work together for a sibset.

[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] being an honor name for [name_f]Emily[/name_f] I can see but I can not see [name_f]Charmaine[/name_f] being an honor name for [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f].

I do like [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u], it just flows together.

Sorry if this reply is to harsh I do not mean for it to come off that way, but this is just my opinion.

1 Like

[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] and [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] flow really well together. I love when vowel names are paired together . [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] and [name_u]August[/name_u] are both pretty popular right now as well

[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] is ranked on the top 40 with 4750 births in the US last year . [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] is one of those names that I think pair so well with other names
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Lucille[/name_f]
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]

[name_u]August[/name_u] is rapidly gaining in popularity and is currently ranked 155 in the US top 1000. 2403 people named their sons [name_u]August[/name_u] last year

[name_f]Charmaine[/name_f] stands out to me. While I certainly think it’s a good name it doesn’t share the popularity that [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] do. In the past 21 years it has not ranked in the SSA top 1000. [name_f]Charmaine[/name_f] was most popular in the 1920’s . I do think it works as an honour to [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] , [name_f]Carly[/name_f] , [name_u]Harley[/name_u], [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], [name_f]Carol[/name_f], [name_f]Carlotta[/name_f] also could honour [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f].

In my opinion these names flow a little better
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] , [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] and [name_u]August[/name_u] (Caroline is ranked 71 in the SSA )
[name_f]Lottie[/name_f] , [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] , [name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] and [name_u]August[/name_u] (this is my favourite suggestion but I don’t think [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is honoured currently in the 600’s of the top 1000 . I like this set together because Together they have a boho earthy feel)

[name_f]Charmaine[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Charmaine[/name_f] [name_f]Jewel[/name_f]
[name_f]Charmaine[/name_f] [name_f]Amy[/name_f]

I can totally see an [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] , [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] and [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

1 Like

A little unexpected and [name_f]Charmaine[/name_f] feels a little out of place but they don’t clash. [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] and [name_f]Charmaine[/name_f] work to honour [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Emily[/name_f]

[name_f]Charmaine[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Charmaine[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Charmaine[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Charmaine[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Charmaine[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Charmaine[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]

[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_u]Florence[/name_u]
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]

A couple of alternatives to [name_f]Charmaine[/name_f] that might “fit” with [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] and [name_u]August[/name_u] better…

[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] (same meaning/variant)
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] (based on the letters and sounds)
[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] (from the lotte sound)