Dorothea and Theodore: Too close for siblings?

See the results of this poll: Are Dorothea and Theodore too close for siblings?

Respondents: 47 (This poll is closed)

• Yes, they’re too close, cut Theodore : 23 (49%)
  • No, they aren’t too close : 8 (17%)
  • Yes, they’re too close, cut Dorothea : 13 (28%)
  • I don’t like either, cut both: 3 (6%)

I think the names are too close… Split them down the middle and say them in reverse…pretty close. I would keep the name that has more meaning to you.

:slight_smile:

I agree with the previous post, I think they are a little too close. I didn’t vote because I also think that you should choose the one that is more meaningful, it sounds like [name]Dorothea[/name] is. :slight_smile:

I think they’re way too close for sibs, sorry.

I picked keep [name]Dorothea[/name] and toss [name]Theodore[/name], but maybe you’d like [name]Theodora[/name]?

They are too close. Normally, I would say keep [name]Theodore[/name] but he’s not your top choice and [name]Dorothea[/name] has meaning to you. I think [name]Dorothea[/name] is the right choice for you :slight_smile:

I voted Keep [name]Dorothea[/name], toss [name]Theodore[/name]. She’s your number one pick, he’s only in top 3. She’s a namesake, although he would technically be as well. [name]Dorothea[/name] is a beautiful name. I have a [name]Theodore[/name], so I couldn’t use [name]Dorothea[/name] but would love to see a little girl running around with that name.

I would also cut [name]Theodore[/name] because [name]Dorothea[/name] has more importance with the family connection. [name]Both[/name] are lovely names and ultimately it would be what you like more. [name]Theodore[/name] does have the similar meaning so it would be honoring the [name]Dorothy[/name] in your family in a subtle way. I guess it depends on what you want.

Thank you everyone! [name]Even[/name] though I love both, I think I’ll cut [name]Theodore[/name], and keep [name]Dorothea[/name]. [name]Theodore[/name] will be on my long list, but not in the top three.

Thanks again!

• [name]Athena[/name]