Dorothy

I think [name]Dorothy[/name] is going to come back in style with the Hipsters soon. NNs could be [name]Dot[/name] and [name]Dotty[/name].

I think [name]Dorothy[/name] is very spunky and cute! So I would say yeah its coming on back!

Definitely agree. I’d use it myself, actually, with the nickname [name]Doe[/name].

I think [name]Dorothy[/name] is cute, too, and it has a ton of great nicknames!

[name]Dorothy[/name] is my grandmother’s name (nn [name]Dot[/name]), so I’d definitely consider it! For now I’m still favoring [name]Eudora[/name], even though it would never work with my last name :frowning:

I totally agree. [name]Olive[/name] brought up the [name]Golden[/name] Girls in another thread (thanks for the gold star, [name]Olive[/name]), and I realized that two of the character’s names, [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name], became quite popular, and there’s no reason why [name]Dorothy[/name] and [name]Blanche[/name] won’t gain favor, too.

I think [name]Dorothy[/name]'s great, and really like [name]Dorothea[/name] (nn [name]Thea[/name]). :slight_smile: My favorite [name]Dorothy[/name] nickname (other than [name]Thea[/name]) is [name]Dory[/name].

Oooh, I know such a mean [name]Dorie[/name]. We simply call her Door. But when I say the name [name]Dorie[/name] to myself, it is very pretty!

To me, it fits right in with [name]Beatrix[/name], [name]Ursula[/name], [name]Matilda[/name], and [name]Louisa[/name], all of which are scheduled for a come-back, in my opinion. I like the nickname [name]Dory[/name] with it!

My mn is [name]Dorothea[/name], [name]Jill[/name] :slight_smile: Growing up I hated it but I’ve learned to love it. And [name]Susan[/name], I know a horribly mean [name]Dorie[/name], too! It’s funny how certain names seem to bring out different traits in people!

I knew a mean [name]Dorie[/name], too, but after erasing 98% of my memory of her, [name]Dory[/name]/[name]Dorie[/name] feels viable again. :slight_smile:

[name]Olive[/name], your middle name is [name]Dorothea[/name]? Wow! [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Dorothea[/name] is great! :slight_smile:

Nobody likes the mean [name]Dorie[/name] I know. She has to leave home on Halloween or kids play nasty tricks on her.

LOL. that’s what happens when you’re mean, poor [name]Dorie[/name].

I know a lady named [name]Dory[/name] [name]Fish[/name], how awesome is that? She’s super nice, and she only eats fruit for breakfast.

Thanks Jills! Too bad [name]Olivia[/name] is so darn popular now!

Wasn’t there a fish named [name]Dory[/name] in ‘Finding [name]Nemo[/name]’?

Wasn’t there a fish named [name]Dory[/name] in ‘Finding [name]Nemo[/name]’?[/quote]

Yeah! That’s why I think it’s so cool! Wouldn’t be so cool to name a kid that now, but it was her name long before the movie came out.