Double Intitials? Couples!

Hi everyone,

I’m changing my name! But I really wanted to know how you all feel about double intitals like monograms of a couple on letters, handkerchiefs, and all random things?

I like the name [name_f]Diana[/name_f] but my husband’s name begins with D. So we’re D&D if I choose [name_f]Diana[/name_f] officially.

Do you like couples\siblings\friends\whatever that share the same letter or sound similar? Does it bother you? If you were changing your name, would it matter if it matched your spouse?

1 Like

My dad and stepmum share an initial and we never really think about that fact. Their wedding invitations said “Letter & Letter” which wasn’t an issue either.

So, I actually had a couple in a novel I was writing once, one named Thorton, and the other Thomaston (but he went by [name_m]Tom[/name_m]). I realized, halfway through that they had the same initials and created a list of all the couples with double initials I could think of.
I got:
-Tris [name_m]Prior[/name_m] and Tobias [name_m]Eaton[/name_m](Divergent)
-Aaron and Angela (a married couple I know)
-Gena and Geoff (a married couple I know)
-Belle and the Beast (Beauty and the Beast)
-Cho [name_m]Chang[/name_m] and Cedric [name_m]Diggory[/name_m] ([name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]–RIP [name_m]Cedric[/name_m])
And there was some more that I can’t really remember. Also, besides couples, I came up with more “duo” type things, which would be somewhat similar to that, like:
-Hermione [name_m]Granger[/name_m] and Harry [name_m]Potter[/name_m] (should they have ended up together? I vote yes!)
-Maui and Moana (Uh…[name_f]Moana[/name_f])
-Luke Sykwalker and Leia Organa ([name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars)
That’s all I can remember! :joy:
SO, To answer your question, I would say that it’s fine.

I think it is lovely. I personally know a few couples who share the same initials and I think its really nice way that they match each other