Double name needed for Kate

[name]Love[/name] the name [name]Kate[/name]/[name]Katharine[/name]. [name]May[/name] use it as a first name. [name]Will[/name] definitely use it at least as a middle name.
I have always liked double names.
Please help me think of a double name using [name]Kate[/name]. It has to be short enough that people won’t automatically drop the [name]Kate[/name].

I like:
[name]Ava[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Anna[/name] [name]Kate[/name]

Or how about

[name]Zoe[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Maya[/name] [name]Kate[/name]

Is it too cutesy or trendy sounding?

Any other good suggestions to go with [name]Kate[/name]?

I understand your dilemma, I also love double names and I am starting to think that there is a phenetic ryming that must take place and the fewer syllables in the name the more difficult it is for it to sound good. If this makes any sense I think most of your choices are too short. Try atleast a 2-3 syllable first name with [name]Kate[/name] as the sencond or try [name]Kate[/name] with a 2-3 syllable second name.

Example: [name]Kate[/name] [name]Marie[/name]

With that said of your choices I like [name]Ava[/name] [name]Kate[/name] the best.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Ava[/name] [name]Kate[/name] combo
[name]How[/name] about
[name]Mary[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Millie[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Janey[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Isabella[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Greta[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Lila[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Bianca[/name] [name]Kate[/name]

Because [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Kate[/name] both have the same long A sound, and because [name]Ava[/name] is so trendy these days, I’m voting for [name]Anna[/name] [name]Kate[/name].

[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Lila[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Lily[/name] [name]Kate[/name] ([name]Lily[/name] is very popular, though)
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Kate[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] [name]Kate[/name] and double names!

[name]Sophia[/name] [name]Kate[/name]* my fav
[name]Lily[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Diana[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Ella[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Kate[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Kate[/name] [name]Renee[/name]
[name]Kate[/name] [name]Elise[/name]

A combo begining with [name]Kate[/name] seems more difficult to come up with because it is hard to make it flow, but I’m sure it can be done!

I spent time on someone else’s thread talking about my adoration for the double name [name]Anna[/name] [name]Kate[/name]. It is so gorgeous and classic and that would definitely be my choice!

Thanks for all the suggestions!
I love [name]Anna[/name] [name]Kate[/name], [name]Ava[/name] [name]Kate[/name], and [name]Lily[/name] [name]Kate[/name] the best.
I still feel it has to be a short enough combo to get people to use the [name]Kate[/name] and not drop it. I have even thought about hyphenating it so the [name]Kate[/name] won’t be dropped.

[name]Anna[/name]-[name]Kate[/name]
[name]Ava[/name]-[name]Kate[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]-[name]Kate[/name]

They are all popular names but my hope is that doubling them up would make them stand out amongst the many [name]Ava[/name]'s, [name]Kate[/name]'s and [name]Lily[/name]'s.

My favorite is [name]Anna[/name] [name]Kate[/name] with no hyphen.

I would be hesitant to use [name]Ava[/name]-[name]Kate[/name], or when pairing names with [name]Kate[/name]. When [name]Kate[/name] is added to the end of a name sometimes it starts sounding nounish (- cate). For example, [name]Ava[/name] [name]Kate[/name] sounds kind of similar to advocate. I do have a friend that named her daughter [name]Emma[/name] [name]Kate[/name] and another [name]Anna[/name] [name]Kate[/name] and an acquaintence [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Kate[/name] (but again, to me sounds a little like suffocate). Good luck

What about [name]Anna[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] or [name]Ava[/name] [name]Katherine[/name], nicknamed [name]Anna[/name] [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Ava[/name] [name]Kate[/name]?

I second this. [name]Ava[/name] [name]Kate[/name] reminds me of the word “abdicate.”

(It’s great to see you, [name]Kate[/name], and I hope you and the babies are doing well!) :slight_smile:

[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Kate[/name] (I like this)
[name]Dina[/name] [name]Kate[/name] (I nearly said [name]Della[/name] [name]Kate[/name], but that’s “delegate”)
[name]Ella[/name] [name]Kate[/name] (nope - “allocate” :frowning: )
[name]Estelle[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Holly[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Joya[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Leila[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Margot[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Nadine[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Tamar[/name] [name]Kate[/name]

Quite a few names ending in -a, when followed by [name]Kate[/name], remind me of masticate or seem verb-like in general, as would [name]Millie[/name] [name]Kate[/name], for example - in fact, I’m realising that choosing a name for [name]Kate[/name] is harder than it looks!

I have a friend named [name]Anna[/name] [name]Katherine[/name], with no hyphen, and she goes by AK. If you want her to be called [name]Anna[/name] [name]Kate[/name], with or without the hyphen, I would stick with that. If you give her a longer name, the possibility of being called by her initials is greater.

It’s great to see someone posting about Double Names! My married name is [name]Smith[/name] and I think that a double name may be the best way to avoid having thousands of kids with duplicate names. So thank you for bringing this up!
My name is [name]Kathryn[/name], as is my aunt’s. I think the other posters are correct; if [name]Katherine[/name] comes first, it may well just be abbreviated to “K”. My husband calls me “K” and everyone calls my aunt “K-[name]Bird[/name]”.
I think [name]Anna[/name] [name]Kate[/name] is gorgeous and doesn’t make me think of any other word, personally.

Great, I’m glad someone else sees double names as a way to distinguish a person from the sea of others with the same name.

I agree, I think the shorter it is, the more likely it will be used in it’s entirety. If the name is too long, the [name]Kate[/name] will probably be dropped or some other nn will form.

I thought of [name]Stella[/name] [name]Kate[/name] today. What do you all think of that?

I like [name]Stella[/name] [name]Kate[/name], [name]Emma[/name] [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Anna[/name] [name]Kate[/name]. I also like the suggestions of using [name]Katherine[/name] as middle name and calling her ___ [name]Kate[/name] all the time. If you want [name]Kate[/name] in front, you may have to go with [name]Katie[/name], which may not grow up well, in order to get it to flow. [name]Katie[/name] [name]Rose[/name], for example.

[name]Cecily[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Sally[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] ([name]Josie[/name]) [name]Kate[/name]

I have always liked [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Kate[/name]. [name]Lindsey[/name] is a little dated, but I think [name]Lindsey[/name] [name]Kate[/name] sounds nice.

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Lindsey[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Emerson[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Mary[/name] [name]Kate[/name] (know a child with this name)
[name]Anna[/name] [name]Kate[/name] (ditto)
[name]Emma[/name] [name]Kate[/name] (ditto)
[name]Hailey[/name] [name]Kate[/name] (ditto)
[name]Hannah[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Clara[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Emily[/name] [name]Kate[/name]

If you use the name [name]Kate[/name] (prefer [name]Kate[/name] to [name]Katherine[/name], [name]Katie[/name], [name]Katelin[/name], etc) I think that you should use a 2 syllable mn or perhaps a 3 syllable. My sister [name]Kate[/name] was called (and still called by some) by her first and middle name a lot by family members. Her middle name - 2 syllables.

sooo…

[name]Kate[/name] [name]Lynnette[/name] (I kind of like the [name]Kate[/name] with a Lynn___ mn bc is flows into the second name like [name]Katelyn[/name] does if that makes sense)
[name]Kate[/name] [name]Elise[/name]
[name]Kate[/name] [name]Lisette[/name]
[name]Kate[/name] [name]Marie[/name]

I also agree with dotsmom about [name]Ava[/name] [name]Kate[/name] - sounds like advocate to me.

I agree wholeheartedly with [name]Susan[/name] ,[name]Anna[/name] [name]Kate[/name] is the strongest and best name to my mind to look at and when you say it.I would also not use the hyphen, somehow the hyphen makes the name look more childish or twee.I would consider [name]Anna[/name] kate for my own daughter.Good luck.