Down to five and due in a week

We are now down to five names for a little boy and I’m due in a week. We really need to decide on a name! I have a daughter, [name]Melina[/name], but the children will have different fathers so that is probably why the names doesn’t match 100% in style but that doesn’t matter to us. And we are in the UK btw.

So what do you think of the names?

[name]Caspian[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Kieran[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]

[name]Caspian[/name] - It’s fine. It just sounds out there to me. Is it popular in the UK?
[name]Julian[/name] - I do like this name, but it has always sounded too soft for a boy that will eventually be a man.
[name]Jasper[/name] - I love this name!
[name]Kieran[/name] - Very cute.
[name]Oliver[/name] - Again, I love it.

My favorites are [name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name]. Good luck and congrats!!

Oh gosh, I seriously love them all! No wonder you are having trouble deciding.

[name]Caspian[/name] – love this with [name]Melina[/name]!
[name]Julian[/name] – love
[name]Jasper[/name] – very cute, I adore this boys name
[name]Kieran[/name] – like the name, but I don’t like it very much with [name]Melina[/name] for some reason
[name]Oliver[/name] – I like it, but it is getting too popular and that kind of kills it for me.

Honestly, for me it is a tie between [name]Julian[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name], with [name]Caspian[/name] being VERY close behind.

What are you thinking for a middle name? That might help decide. And you may just have to meet him before you are 100% sure of his name!

[name]Julian[/name] is my favorite. That is on our list. Also love [name]Jasper[/name]. good luck!

[name]Hi[/name]!
I have to say that you’ve chosen a gorgeous girl name! I really like [name]Julian[/name], it’s my favourite of your boy names. Classy and handsome! I think [name]Julian[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name] would work best in Swedish as well (maybe [name]Caspian[/name] too), but I don’t know if that is an issue for you? I remember reading that you’re Swedish in another post. If it isn’t an issue, I really like [name]Jasper[/name] too. I’d rank them [name]Julian[/name], [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Caspian[/name], [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Kieran[/name].

Good luck!

What works for me is standing in the middle of the house and calling out each name, as though I’m calling the kid to dinner. Somehow that always puts everything in perspective.

Hubby and I did this separately, then came back together and both said the name that ‘felt right’ on the count of 3. We both said the same name. You might surprise yourself!

[name]Caspian[/name] is ok but reminds me of the [name]Caspian[/name] Sea. However, it does go well with [name]Melina[/name]. I’m not crazy about [name]Kieran[/name] but I like the original spelling of [name]Ciaran[/name]. It doesn’t go very well with your daughter’s name either. That leaves [name]Julian[/name], [name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name] and these three names I love so let me see…[name]Oliver[/name] is pretty popular and [name]Julian[/name] has a soft sound so I think I’ll have to choose [name]Jasper[/name]. It has the same exotic feel as [name]Melina[/name]. Good luck!

I like [name]Kieran[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name] the best. I like [name]Kieran[/name] and [name]Melina[/name] better than [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Melina[/name] though. And, I believe, [name]Kieran[/name] is less popular than [name]Oliver[/name]…

I would choose [name]Jasper[/name] or [name]Julian[/name].

[name]Caspian[/name]- great name unusual but not out there
[name]Julian[/name]- very soft but still strong
[name]Jasper[/name]- cute very cute
[name]Kieran[/name]- I like this name the least but still a solid choice
[name]Oliver[/name]- Very popular where I live but for good reason it is a very nice name

All your names are great It really depends on your last name.

Thanks everyone!
It’s a very hard choice, but I think we are down to [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Julian[/name] and [name]Caspian[/name] now. We both really like [name]Kieran[/name], and my bf is of Irish heritage. But, as someone said (svea?) I’m from [name]Sweden[/name] and [name]Kieran[/name] doesn’t really work there. I think [name]Jasper[/name] is our favorite right now, but we will have to wait and see. :slight_smile: