Down to six boys and four girls names. Please weigh in.

Middle names already decided to honor family: Boy’s middle name would be [name]Robert[/name]; Girl’s middle name would be [name]Olivia[/name]. Here are the first names we are considering:

BOYS
[name]Kellan[/name]
Brecken
[name]Garrison[/name]

GIRLS
[name]Teagan[/name]
[name]Ainsley[/name]
[name]Kendall[/name]
[name]Avery[/name]

post edited to eliminate name we’ve eliminated

BOYS
[name]Kellen[/name]: [name]Love[/name] the sound of this one; strong, interesting. I prefer [name]Kellan[/name], but that’s just me being picky.
Brecken: I don’t care for this one; it makes me think of brackish, not a pleasant association. Something about the ‘br’ and ‘k’ sounds just isn’t working for me.
[name]Tyler[/name]: a bit dated for my tastes; I’ve got a classroom full of 15-year-olds named [name]Tyler[/name].
[name]Shea[/name]: Personally I like it, but I don’t know that your son would appreciate it.
[name]Garrison[/name]: Military macho, which is fine, but it’s not a name that particularly appeals to me.
[name]Sheldon[/name]: cute, but like [name]Shea[/name], he might not like it as much as we do…

GIRLS
[name]Teagan[/name]: very pretty with [name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Ainsley[/name]: uber-trendy in my neck of the woods
[name]Kendall[/name]: I love this name. It’s pretty, it’s simple, and it stands out without being wacky. Of all your choices, this is without doubt my favorite.
[name]Avery[/name]: like [name]Ainsley[/name], a little too trendy for my tastes

From all your choices, I personally would opt for [name]Kellan[/name] [name]Robert[/name] or [name]Kendall[/name] [name]Olivia[/name].

[name]Kellen[/name]: The potential [name]Kelly[/name] nickname makes it too feminine for my tastes, but I do like it for a middle name.

Brecken: I, too, think of brackish, which isn’t a good thing… :frowning:

[name]Tyler[/name]: [name]Tyler[/name] is too trendy/dated for my taste, but it’s a nice name.

[name]Shea[/name]: I’ve worked with more than one female Sheas, so for me, the name is too feminine.

[name]Garrison[/name]: [name]Garrison[/name] is favorite of your choices.

[name]Sheldon[/name]: I can’t see this name on a child, and beause of the potential “[name]Shelly[/name]” nickname, I wouldn’t use it.

[name]Teagan[/name]: I’m not liking [name]Teagan[/name], either. :frowning:
[name]Ainsley[/name]: It’s too trendy for my tastes, but it’s a very pretty name.
[name]Kendall[/name]: It’s not my style, and doesn’t have [name]Ainsley[/name]'s pretty sound.
[name]Avery[/name]: See [name]Ainsley[/name]…

Some more similar ideas:

[name]Garrett[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Colin[/name]
[name]Cullen[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Darby[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name]
[name]Finnegan[/name]
[name]Flynn[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Patrick[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Magnus[/name]
[name]Miller[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Connor[/name]
[name]Willem[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Gulliver[/name]
[name]Quinlan[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Roan[/name]
[name]Ronan[/name]
[name]Nolan[/name]

[name]Aveline[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Bronwyn[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Delaney[/name]
[name]Clancy[/name]
[name]Darcy[/name]
[name]Finola[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Keeley[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Rory[/name]
[name]Talullah[/name]
[name]Tierney[/name]
[name]Finley[/name]
[name]Riley[/name]
[name]Kathleen[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Cassidy[/name]
[name]Megan[/name]

Best wishes to you!

BOYS
[name]Kellen[/name] - I like this name. Sounds causual and sporty
Brecken - This was one of my faves!
[name]Tyler[/name] - Hmm, sorry, a little 80s plus sometimes it is a girls name :frowning:
[name]Shea[/name] - It’s ok, but you have better :slight_smile:
[name]Garrison[/name] - This is my fave. I think of [name]Garrison[/name] Keillor, smart, funny, perfect!
[name]Sheldon[/name] - uh I don’t think I’m ready for this one

GIRLS
[name]Teagan[/name] - Hmm, not my fave though [name]Teagan[/name] [name]Oliva[/name] flows well.
[name]Ainsley[/name] - I never know how to pronounce this - can anyone enlighten me???
[name]Kendall[/name] - This is pretty but sounds more like a boy to me
[name]Avery[/name] - This is just so pretty and classic. Sure it may get more popular, but it is a great name imo!

[name]Garrison[/name] [name]Robert[/name] or [name]Avery[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] get my votes! Good luck.

BOYS
[name]Kellen[/name]”[name]Kellen[/name] [name]Robert[/name] is very nice (strong without being macho)
Brecken”not a fan, it just makes me think of shampoo :frowning:
[name]Tyler[/name]”agree with other posts, I know far too many for this to sound fresh
[name]Shea[/name]”I know two female Sheas, so this is all girl to me personally
[name]Garrison[/name]”Cute! Also reminds me of [name]Garrison[/name] Keillor (a good thing)
[name]Sheldon[/name]”seems destined for teasing

GIRLS
[name]Teagan[/name]”Not my personal style, but it’s unique, which I like. And it goes well with [name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Ainsley[/name]”I prefer [name]Avery[/name] myself (or possibly [name]Ansley[/name]?)
[name]Kendall[/name]”I like this one quite a bit, though I don’t think it works with [name]Olivia[/name] as the middle
[name]Avery[/name]”[name]Love[/name] [name]Avery[/name]!

My votes are for [name]Kellen[/name] or [name]Garrison[/name], [name]Teagan[/name] or [name]Avery[/name]. I would only use [name]Kendall[/name] with a different middle.

Good luck and congrats :slight_smile:

I like [name]Avery[/name] best for a girl and [name]Shea[/name] and [name]Kellen[/name] best for a boy.

[name]Kellen[/name] [name]Robert[/name] & [name]Ainsley[/name] [name]Olivia[/name]

I like [name]Kellan[/name] spelled like that and [name]Kendall[/name] the best. Also I love the name [name]Kendra[/name] for a girl as much as [name]Kendall[/name]. The spelling [name]Kellan[/name] somehow sounds warmer and cozier than [name]Kellen[/name].

Thanks for all the input. If we were having the baby today, we’d probably be going with [name]Kellan[/name] (updated spelling). To be fair to my wife, she never like the names [name]Tyler[/name], [name]Shea[/name], or [name]Sheldon[/name] - I put those up their on my own accord, so she’ll glad they didn’t get a lot of love. I’m a little surprised at the support for [name]Garrison[/name], maybe we’ll have to give that a harder look…my problem with [name]Garrison[/name] is that it sounds like a great adult name, but a terrible baby name. [name]Even[/name] as a toddler it sounds okay, but I can’t see an infant named [name]Garrison[/name] : )

We’re so torn on girl names. I like [name]Teagan[/name] but hate the fact that it’s origin is a male name that is still used for some boys today. I like [name]Avery[/name] and [name]Ainsley[/name], but they are uber-trendy right now (we don’t need to be that unique, but three Averys in one class is very different than three Emilys or three Katys). I came across a name the other day that I thought was beautiful and also Gaelic (which we like but not a necessity) - that name was [name]Kieran[/name]. Then I looked further and realized [name]Kieran[/name] was another boy’s name that just sounded like a girl’s name to me : ( We could always go with [name]Kiera[/name] but not so sure I want people thinking we copied [name]Kiera[/name] Knightly.

[name]Kiera[/name] is very popular and commonplace in [name]Ireland[/name], both with its trendy spelling ([name]Kiera[/name]) and traditional ([name]Ciara[/name]). Either way I think it’s lovely. :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] [name]Kellan[/name]! As for [name]Kiera[/name], I don’t think that people would connect it with the actress, and it is such a pretty name :slight_smile:

Hello all… I have been watching for a few days now… but decided to make an account and join the fun!

BOYS
[name]Kellan[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Kellan[/name]… as long as it’s paired with a strong middle
Brecken Cute but like [name]Kellan[/name] better
[name]Garrison[/name] Very strong, but being from the midwest I think of [name]Garrison[/name] Keillor. What about [name]Garrett[/name]?

GIRLS
[name]Teagan[/name] There is a famous Labradoodle Breeder out of Australia called [name]Teagan[/name] [name]Park[/name], so for me (we have a LD) this would not be an option, esp since LDs are becoming more popular.
[name]Ainsley[/name] [name]Love[/name] [name]Ainsley[/name]… [name]Ainsley[/name] [name]Marie[/name] has always been a combo I liked
[name]Kendall[/name] Very cute, but if you use [name]Kendall[/name] you can’t keep [name]Kellan[/name] for a Boy someday!
[name]Avery[/name]

I forgot top comment on [name]Avery[/name]… I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Avery[/name] but I think with the Middle name [name]Olivia[/name], I like [name]Ainsley[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] better.

[name]Kellan[/name]- Very good name!
Breckon-its ok…its different
[name]Garrison[/name]-reminds me of a old man, Sorry :frowning:

[name]Teagan[/name]-ok
[name]Ainsley[/name]-no
[name]Kendall[/name]-pretty
[name]Avery[/name]-[name]Love[/name] it

What about [name]Keely[/name] or Caera

I like [name]Kellen[/name] [name]Robert[/name] & [name]Kendall[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] the best- beautiful! best wishes :slight_smile:

[name]How[/name] do you pronounce Caera (is it kee-ah-ruh)?

We found out today that we are having a baby girl. Very excited, although we had firmly settled on [name]Kellan[/name] [name]Robert[/name] for a boy and still have not narrowed down our choices for a girl. If there are any additional thoughts on our potential list ([name]Teagan[/name], [name]Ainsley[/name] [name]Kendall[/name], [name]Avery[/name], - please feel free to share.

Also, we love [name]Kellan[/name] so much that we are thinking of avoiding [name]Teagan[/name] and [name]Kendall[/name] for our little girl b/c they are too close to [name]Kellan[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you guys think this is foolish considering that we have no idea if we’ll still like [name]Kellan[/name] if and when we have a boy later?

[name]Kellan[/name] is a nice boy’s name. Like that spelling instead of [name]Kellen[/name]. To me [name]Kellen[/name] sounds like a droid in outer space. [name]Kellan[/name] sounds more human.
Also really love [name]Keira[/name]. I think you could have a [name]Kellan[/name] and a [name]Keira[/name]. But [name]Kellan[/name] and [name]Kendall[/name] would be too similar. [name]Kellan[/name] and [name]Ainsley[/name] would be better. [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Tamsin[/name] or [name]Camden[/name]? [name]Kellan[/name] and [name]Camden[/name] might be too similar. I like [name]Kellan[/name] and [name]Kendra[/name]. But I bet some people would think that was too match a combo. [name]Kellan[/name] and Paisha is pretty.
[name]Kellan[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Kellan[/name] and [name]Rory[/name]
[name]Kellan[/name] and [name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Kellan[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Kellan[/name] and [name]Hollis[/name]
[name]Kellan[/name] and [name]London[/name]
[name]Kellan[/name] and [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Kellan[/name] and [name]Willow[/name]

[name]Kellan[/name] got my vote for a boy

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Avery[/name]… I wish my hubby would let me use it. [name]Avery[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] was actually one of my combos, so that obviously gets my vote

I also really like Kendally and [name]Ainsley[/name]

My favorites are [name]Kellan[/name] ([name]Garrison[/name] sounds a little harsh to me), and [name]Teagan[/name]. [name]Ainsley[/name] and [name]Avery[/name] are too trendy for my tastes, and the only [name]Kendall[/name] I know is a boy.