Down to the Finals:

[name]Ellis[/name]. I know its a boys name, but I think that its cute on a girl. [name]Mattie[/name] and [name]Ellis[/name]. [name]Eloise[/name] nn [name]Ellis[/name]. I through that out a few years ago as a name and I think most people in the family liked it. I dont have a problem with the [name]Ellie[/name] nn.

I love [name]Eloise[/name] so much, and think any nickname is great. I don’t have a problem with the [name]Ellie[/name] nickname, either. I think that [name]Dottie[/name], [name]Mattie[/name], and [name]Ellie[/name] is darling! :slight_smile:

[name]Dorothy[/name] - gift of god
[name]Violet[/name] - [name]Flower[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] - might and power
[name]Adelaide[/name] - noble and kind
[name]Eloise[/name] - little maiden
[name]Charlotte[/name] - petite and feminine

[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Violet[/name] means Gift of God (flower)
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] means Might and power but noble and kind
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] means a petite and feminine little maiden

Not too bad.

[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]

The combinations are growing on me. They are kind of long names. We have a two syllable last name that begins with R. Very traditional.

[name]Jill[/name],

I think that I am really liking these now.

[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] - I think that it makes me love [name]Eloise[/name] more. I see what you are saying about the zzz Ch part, but I don’t think it bothers me. I think it kind of softens the name [name]Eloise[/name]. [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]. It sounds like she if very important. :slight_smile:

[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] - I love both of these names. The Da [name]Ad[/name] isnt bothering me. [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]. She does have 3 D’s in her name. But its kind of rhythmic.

[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]

I feel like these are our girls! :slight_smile:

Those are great meanings! The violet flower supposedly means modesty and simplicity (although it varies depending on the internet source), and according to Nameberry, [name]Eloise[/name] means “healthy or wide.” (I’ll take the healthy meaning over wide!) :slight_smile: I’ve never seen the “little maiden” definition, but I love it! :slight_smile: I’ve never heard the [name]Charlotte[/name] meaning before, either, and think it’s sweet. (Nameberry says that [name]Charles[/name] means “free man,” so I always assumed that [name]Charlotte[/name] meant “free,” too.) I much prefer the feminine definitions you’ve listed, although I like healthy little maiden and free, too. :slight_smile:

I’m so happy that you’ve found a way to include the names you love! :slight_smile: I don’t think that the combos are too long with your last name (I’m pretending your last name is [name]Roberts[/name]). :slight_smile:

Does your husband like them?

Whoops! We posted at the same time, so I missed this. :slight_smile:

You feel like they’re your girls? That’s wonderful! :slight_smile: Yea!

I looked on YouTube, and you can see the [name]Eloise[/name] movies (with [name]Julie[/name] Andrews) there in case you’re interested.

I’m so excited for you! :slight_smile:

I voted for [name]Dorothy[/name], [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name]. I really like the idea of these beautiful names all belonging to characters from movies.

Those are great meanings! The violet flower supposedly means modesty and simplicity (although it varies depending on the internet source), and according to Nameberry, [name]Eloise[/name] means “healthy or wide.” (I’ll take the healthy meaning over wide!) :slight_smile: I’ve never seen the “little maiden” definition, but I love it! :slight_smile: I’ve never heard the [name]Charlotte[/name] meaning before, either, and think it’s sweet. (Nameberry says that [name]Charles[/name] means “free man,” so I always assumed that [name]Charlotte[/name] meant “free,” too.) I much prefer the feminine definitions you’ve listed, although I like healthy little maiden and free, too. :slight_smile:

I’m so happy that you’ve found a way to include the names you love! :slight_smile: I don’t think that the combos are too long with your last name (I’m pretending your last name is [name]Roberts[/name]). :slight_smile:

Does your husband like them?[/quote]

Yes. He is happy with them. He got [name]Mattie[/name] and [name]Ellie[/name] and I got my [name]Adelaide[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name]. :slight_smile:

I am about to look up the [name]Eloise[/name] movies on youtube. I am sure that now we have names, little miss is going to want to watch [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name].

This is such a relief.

Hooray - you narrowed it down! (What an impossible task with your list of BEAUTIFUL names!) I love [name]Dorothy[/name], [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name], and I love the mns you’ve picked since you get to have [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Adelaide[/name] as well. For me, all three names have the same feel to them, but they all have very distinct personalities, just like your girls will.
Let us know when they arrive! :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Dot[/name]'s mum,

Out of your final two, I vote for [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Adelaide[/name]. I think they are both gorgeous names. They also seem to me to have just the same balance of strength and sweetness that [name]Dorothy[/name] has. They are also both of [name]German[/name] root as far as I know. [name]How[/name] about using [name]Adela[/name] or [name]Della[/name] as a nn instead of [name]Addie[/name]? Personally, I much prefer the full name [name]Matilda[/name] to the nns like [name]Mattie[/name] and [name]Tilly[/name]. If you, as her mum, always call your daughter by her full name, I think other people tend to follow suit. So if you dislike the nns, I would just use the (v beautiful) full names.
I don’t dislike [name]Eloise[/name] at all but for me it doesn’t have the strength and character of the other names. I appreciate that I am in the minority her though!

Does your husband like them?[/quote]

Yes. He is happy with them. He got [name]Mattie[/name] and [name]Ellie[/name] and I got my [name]Adelaide[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name]. :slight_smile:

I am about to look up the [name]Eloise[/name] movies on youtube. I am sure that now we have names, little miss is going to want to watch [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name].

This is such a relief.[/quote]

He’s happy with them? That’s great!!! Woo-hoo!:slight_smile: I just love [name]Dorothy[/name], [name]Matilda[/name], and [name]Eloise[/name]!

I just realized that all three girls have literary middle names, too! (Which I’m sure you’ve already realized…) :slight_smile: [name]Violet[/name] is a character in [name]Charlie[/name] and the Chocolate Factory, [name]Adelaide[/name]/[name]Heidi[/name] is from [name]Heidi[/name], and [name]Charlotte[/name] is from [name]Charlotte[/name]'s [name]Web[/name]. :slight_smile: [name]How[/name] adorable! :slight_smile:

[name]How[/name] perfect! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update about your husband being on board! :slight_smile:

I hope that [name]Dorothy[/name] enjoys her [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] movies! :slight_smile:

Take care!

[name]Love[/name] the names! [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] are GREAT choices!!

Are these the ones? [name]Dorothy[/name], [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] are fantastic!!

I voted for [name]Lucinda[/name] and [name]Rosalind[/name] (although I’d prefer [name]Rosalie[/name] or [name]Rosemary[/name]). I also love [name]Annelise[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name]…had those been together, they’d have received my vote.

I think [name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] go fabulous together.

I really like your final choices, and I think the mn combos, while a little long, have a regal feel! Good luck, and let us know when the girls are here!!!

Thank you everyone for the compliments!

[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Violet[/name] R.
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] R.
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] R.

Ahhh… I just like saying them. It took me a little while to feel comfortable with [name]Eloise[/name], but with [name]Charlotte[/name] it just seems to fit.

[name]Jill[/name], [name]Dorothy[/name] is watching [name]Eloise[/name] right now and giggling at it. So it is a movie that we are going to have to add to our collection soon.

I know that I had originally thought that I wanted a shorter middle name for them, but I’m kind of digging the long names.

I’m kind of sad we didn’t get to use the names [name]Annelise[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name], but the good news is that my sister is now staking claim on them. So we still might have a [name]Rosalind[/name], [name]Lucinda[/name], [name]Annelise[/name] or [name]Emmeline[/name] in the family!

Thanks so much again for your time and help!

I have to tell you that I mentioned the names to a friend today, and her reaction was seriously, “Oh. My. Gosh! That is the greatest set of sister names I’ve ever heard!” (And she’s not even a name nerd…) :slight_smile:

She’s watching [name]Eloise[/name]? Yea! :slight_smile: I’m sure she’ll love both movies. :slight_smile: I watched them both on TV last winter when I had the flu, and thought they were darling. There’s a [name]Christmas[/name] one and a “regular” one.

I’m really glad that you’re feeling more comfortable with the longer middle names now.

Does [name]Dorothy[/name] know her sisters’ names?

Thanks for the update! :slight_smile:

Really? Your friend liked the names that much?? That’s crazy, because I assumed that they wouldn’t appeal to that many people because they aren’t [name]Isabella[/name]-ish.

Yes, we told the little one about her sister’s names today. She just grinned.

Yep! She liked them that much! :slight_smile: (She’s a teacher, so she’s a huge fan of children’s literature.)

:slight_smile: