Down to three, but open to suggestions!

See the results of this poll: Down to three, but open to suggestions!

Respondents: 22 (This poll is closed)

• Tessa Helen: 3 (14%)
  • Helen Cate: 3 (14%)
  • Rose Helena: 16 (73%)

A fourth option we’ve considered is [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Judith[/name]…should have included this in the poll, but would appreciate thoughts!

[name]Rose[/name] [name]Helena[/name] is absolutely gorgeous! I love it! I also really like [name]Helen[/name], but I’m not a huge fan of [name]Cate[/name] by itself. [name]Tessa[/name] is nice, but trendy and a little nicknamey. [name]Miriam[/name] is really pretty, and my second favorite after [name]Rose[/name] [name]Helena[/name], but I feel like [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Judith[/name] is really heavy sounding. What about [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Tessa[/name] or [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Rose[/name]? Other names you might like:

[name]Eve[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Althea[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Leah[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Agnes[/name]
[name]Sylvia[/name]
[name]Lena[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Adele[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]

Thanks irisrose! You definitely have my taste pegged…[name]Eleanor[/name], [name]Eve[/name], [name]Frances[/name], and [name]Alice[/name] were all on my “little bit longer list”! The reasons we ruled these ones out are:

[name]Eleanor[/name]: Absolutely love this name, but for some reason I can’t shake a very somber connotation I have for it…maybe the similarity to “[name]Lenore[/name]” the [name]Poe[/name]'s poem “The [name]Raven[/name]”. [name]Silly[/name], I know, but would still consider it for a middle.
[name]Eve[/name]: Another one I absolutely love. Too short? Getting trendy? Really not sure why this was cut now that I think of it!
[name]Frances[/name]: This is such a regal sounding name to me, but I’m not a big fan of gender ambiguous names and thought this might fall in that category. [name]Adore[/name] the nickname [name]Francie[/name] though.
[name]Alice[/name]: Beautiful, feminine, and classic, but have bad connotations with nn [name]Ally[/name], and I think this would be inevitable.

Thanks for the feedback, and I can see what you mean about [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Judith[/name]…mayber [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Eve[/name]?

I voted for [name]Helen[/name] [name]Cate[/name]. Then I saw the fourth option and I want to chagne my vote! I love the sound of [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Judith[/name]! I agree it is a little heavy… maybe [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]?

Thanks for the input lainy! Though I love the sound of [name]Juliet[/name], unfortunately I have bad connotations with the name that I can’t shake. If you’re on board with [name]Miriam[/name], did you like the idea of [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Eve[/name]?

i like miriam a lot!!!
i always have issues finding middle names. i think it’s nice if they are somewhat meaningful - after someone you loved

I love [name]Tessa[/name] but it is more nickname-y than you seem to like. I also really love [name]Miriam[/name] but agree that [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Judith[/name] is a little heavy and dowdy. [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Eve[/name] is lovely but does have strong old testament connotations. If that’s ok with you, I think it’s a great combo. I think [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Alice[/name] would also be lovely!

Thanks for the input eckypeck – that’s actually why I initially chose [name]Judith[/name] (my grandmother’s name) and [name]Miriam[/name] (a favorite aunt). I think it is also so meaningful to honor someone you love, but unfortunately I think it has the potential to cause hurt feelings too (if you use one grandmother’s name vs. the other for example)…what to do???

Thanks gwensmom…you’re right about [name]Tessa[/name] not quite matching with the others, but it is the favorite of my husband so it has to stay in the running! [name]Even[/name] though I love [name]Alice[/name], I think I prefer the flow of [name]Miriam[/name] [name]Eve[/name]…any other suggestions for a mn for [name]Miriam[/name] along these lines?

[name]Rose[/name] [name]Helena[/name] is just absolutely stunning! I love [name]Tessa[/name] too, maybe you could save it for baby #2, [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Tessa[/name] would make a cute sibset.

Thanks leah_9! I love all of these on their own, but really love sibsets [name]Tessa[/name] & [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Helen[/name] & [name]Miriam[/name]…or possibly all together if we’re brave enough to have four!

I was just about to click on [name]Rose[/name] [name]Helena[/name], but then I said it out loud to myself and it sounded like [name]Rosalina[/name]. I don’t know if that would bother you, but I didn’t care for it. So I voted for [name]Helen[/name] [name]Cate[/name].