Drum roll, please...

After a challenging pregnancy and an unexpectedly difficult labor (a 40-hour labor that resulted in a C-Section) and much name debating, we have our little [name_f]Adia[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]! She was born at 6:55 pm on [name_u]March[/name_u] 10th (11 days after due date). I’m so thrilled to finally be able to hold and stare at here :smiley:

[name_f]Adia[/name_f] (sounds like Lady-Uh) was chosen by my spouse based on his love of the [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] Mclachlan song. I only warmed up to it when I discovered a nature connection- Adiantum, the genus for maidenhair or walking fern. I was still holding out for [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], but once we spent a few days with her we decided [name_f]Adia[/name_f] was a better fit. I got to pick the middle. I wanted to reference my middle name of [name_f]Rose[/name_f] somehow. I settled on [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] because evening primrose is a native Central [name_u]Texas[/name_u] wildflower that’s currently blooming.

Thank you to everyone who helped us on this naming adventure: [name_u]Abby[/name_u] the Name [name_u]Sage[/name_u] for offering other possibilities and insight, all of those who took the time to comment on my threads, and those who voted in my poll between Rosebud, Wildrose, and [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]!

Congratulations on the arrival of your daughter! She has a beautiful name :wink:

A lovely name

Congratulations! What a stunning name

[name_f]Adia[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] is a beautiful name.

Gorgeous name! [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] is so sweet and fierce in the middle. Congratulations! Wishing you the speediest of recoveries.

I love [name_f]Adia[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]. Congrats! :slight_smile:

[name_u]Love[/name_u] her name and the song she’s named after! Congratulations!

Congratulations! [name_f]Adia[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] is beautiful.

[name_f]Adia[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] is absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations!

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f], just lovely!!! Congrats!

Congratulations! Her name is beautiful and I love all the meaning behind it.

Thank you all so much for your sweet words! Since I had so much help from this community, it’s really important to me that y’all like the name we settled on :slight_smile: