Dubious Threads

Does someone read through nameberry looking for dubious threads?

Like when someone says I have three sets of triplets and two sets of twins?

It could be true, but it just seems unlikely.

1 Like

i doubt it. i just flag them whenever i see them and hope that a mod gets to them, but it usually takes a long time for the post to be deleted & the person to be banned. it’s always painfully obvious when they’re fake - it concerns me that some people believe them.

7 Likes

The best thing you can do is flag them, especially if you see contradictory information! We don’t want this community to turn into a witch hunt but we do appreciate the help, and I promise, we keep a careful eye on these situations.

10 Likes

It depends on the thread. If I recognise the author and notice something off, then I will go back and double check. Otherwise I will just flag them if they seem too out there to me. Usually I will get a strange feeling when I’m reading something though.

1 Like

I haven’t come across any such threads, and I particularly don’t go looking for them, but I do remember a post a few days ago mentioning them having two sets of twins and one set of triplets, with another one on the way. Moreso, the poster had only joined a mere hours ago. I think we’re talking about the same thread here. But needless to say, I did not respond to the thread and simply moved on.

1 Like

I’ve noticed some but honestly, I don’t really care. :joy:

For me, it’s more about the excitement of names. Sure, as someone who desperately wants a child it’s a bit hurtful, but at the end of the day I just sigh and throw out names I enjoy regardless.

I’m happy to throw out names for characters or hypotheticals so I guess I don’t feel like I’m wasting any time even if I know it’s not real.

1 Like