Due in 1 week and fearing we've selected the wrong name.

I think [name]Judah[/name] (or [name]Jude[/name]) is a great choice.

I feel the EXACT same way. So much so that I am planning on naming my boy (due this [name]January[/name] 2010) [name]Judah[/name] (nn [name]Jude[/name]) [name]Oliver[/name]. I love the name and I had no idea there even was this ‘association’ to [name]Judas[/name] until I started perusing internet baby naming sites. I’m from [name]Canada[/name] so maybe things are different here. :slight_smile:

Not a fan of [name]Judah[/name], sorry! [name]How[/name] about [name]Jonas[/name], [name]Elias[/name], [name]Gabriel[/name], [name]Silas[/name], or [name]Samuel[/name].

I was thinking about [name]Jude[/name] just last night and the teasing factor of being called a [name]Judas[/name] made me rethink [name]Jude[/name] and I think that [name]Judah[/name] falls into this category too.

So, I would choose another name but if you really like the name it could be put into the mn spot but I would prefer [name]Jude[/name] instead of [name]Judah[/name] in the mn spot because it looks more ‘today’.

eg [name]Christopher[/name] [name]Jude[/name]

PS Breezy names

[name]Cruz[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]Mitchell[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Rocco[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Jason[/name] (and the Argonauts)
[name]River[/name]
[name]Rio[/name]

I think [name]Judah[/name] is lovely! I am not reminded of [name]Judas[/name] and I agree with the poster that point out the “lion of [name]Judah[/name]” reference. I think it is a great name and that it is perfectly natural to doubt your choice at the last minute. Once he’s born you’ll know, but for my input, I like the name and think it goes beautifully with [name]Isaiah[/name]! Good luck!

I completely agree. I really don’t think that little kids are going to draw the [name]Judah[/name] / [name]Judas[/name] connection…by the time the kids are old enough to even begin to say something they’ll be in highschool or college and no one will care. I think most people get that they ARE two different names; [name]Judah[/name] being a name with a ton of positive history. If not…well you can’t please everyone all the time. :slight_smile: