due in 12 weeks! undecided on a boy name! please help me narrow down my list.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone!

I am writing for assistance with naming baby #2, due [name_u]June[/name_u] 8th. Older sister is [name_f]Mila[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f], last name is Fein (but with a “KL” instead of an “F”). We arent finding out the gender but have narrowed girl names to [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_u]Romy[/name_u] or [name_u]Piper[/name_u] and will likely pick from that list. I need your help with boy names. I’ve written before about this issue but that was either before I was pregnant or very early in the pregnanacy and now this is serious.

Here are some of the top contenders/names we’re considering:

1. [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Richard[/name_m] - nickname: [name_m]Harry[/name_m] (my paternal grandfather was [name_m]Richard[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and my DH’s grandfather is [name_m]Harry[/name_m]. [name_f]My[/name_f] DH loves [name_m]Harry[/name_m] and it is def growing on me but I’m not positive . . )
  2. [name_u]River[/name_u] - one of my old favorites. Too unisex / ok for an adult?
  3. [name_u]Finn[/name_u] - too trendy?
  4. [name_m]Knox[/name_m] - I know this is trendy but I really like it.
  5. [name_m]Holden[/name_m] - DH isnt sure . . .
  6. [name_m]Troy[/name_m]
  7. [name_m]Anton[/name_m] or [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] - liking these but my DH is not sure about either name - he seems more ok with [name_m]Anton[/name_m].
  8. [name_u]Reed[/name_u] - this would have been [name_f]Mila[/name_f]'s name if she were a boy. DH still loves it but I think of Re-Klein.
  9. [name_m]Rafael[/name_m] or [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] (nicknames [name_m]Rafi[/name_m] or Raf or [name_u]Rafe[/name_u]) I love thse but DH isnt sure

Other names I am tossing around: [name_m]Asher[/name_m] (getting too popular?), [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] (too Western?), [name_m]Levi[/name_m] (with the last name - too many brands?), [name_m]Liev[/name_m], [name_m]Ryder[/name_m] (too tough?) , [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] (is this becoming feminine?), [name_u]Elias[/name_u] (not great with [name_f]Mila[/name_f]), [name_m]Foster[/name_m], [name_m]Ronan[/name_m]. I am looking for a name that is somewhat unique, strong and laid back /unpretentious . . . middle names will be selected based on the first name. Please help!!!

I like [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] if it’s a girl and from the boy choices I like [name_m]Troy[/name_m] and [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] the best.

[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Richard[/name_m] is such a strong, classic and great name. [name_m]Harry[/name_m] is a fantastic nickname and I love the family connections. This is my favourite by far!

I really like [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Richard[/name_m] and [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] (and I love the nickname [name_u]Rafe[/name_u]) Very handsome names. I don’t like any of the names at the bottom you are tossing around, but I am British and apart from [name_m]Ronan[/name_m] they sound wishy washy weak and American to me. [name_u]River[/name_u] is a guilty pleasure of mine although not my usual style - I think it’s better as a middle name. [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] is also very handsome!

I like all three of your girls names a lot. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] being my favourite :slight_smile:

I would go with [name_m]Troy[/name_m] or [name_m]Henry[/name_m].

Hey I have a [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and I [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Mila[/name_f].
I love (And would use myself)
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_u]Reed[/name_u] ([name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Reeve[/name_u] too-have you considered this)?!
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] and [name_m]Rafael[/name_m]

Thanks so much for the feedback. [name_f]Glad[/name_f] to some love for [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m], and [name_m]Henry[/name_m]/[name_m]Harry[/name_m]. Would love more specific feedback on all of the names on my list? Any others?