Due in July. Which name do you like best?

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I are having trouble deciding on a name and I’d love your help. We don’t LOVE any of the below names but these are the front runners so far:

1. [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
  2. [name_u]Reese[/name_u]
  3. [name_f]Jane[/name_f] ([name_f]Janie[/name_f])
  4. [name_f]Emma[/name_f]

Our last name is [name_m]Girard[/name_m] and the middle name
would be different for each name but we like [name_u]Jean[/name_u], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] as middle names generally.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Emma[/name_f]! I know it’s popular, but it’s just so so lovely! [name_f]My[/name_f] second pick would be [name_f]Jane[/name_f]!

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] to Nameberry! I really like your list! I’ll give you my thoughts on each name, plus some additional suggestions they remind me of in sound and/or style!

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]–Beautiful, flowing, lively name with a plethora of nicknames ([name_f]Amy[/name_f], [name_f]Mellie[/name_f], [name_f]Millie[/name_f], [name_f]Melia[/name_f], [name_f]Lia[/name_f], [name_f]Mia[/name_f], etc.). [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] is a delightful combo. This name is very popular (at least in the U.S., I’m not sure about other places). I don’t think it will ever feel trendy, though, because it’s just a lovely classic. [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] reminds me of:

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]

[name_u]Reese[/name_u]–This one strikes me as distinct from your other choices. It feels sleek, modern, and unisex. [name_u]Reese[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] or [name_u]Reese[/name_u] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] would make a nice balanced pairing. I also think [name_u]Reese[/name_u] would make a great middle–[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_u]Reese[/name_u], maybe? [name_u]Reese[/name_u] reminds me of:

[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]
[name_u]Laine[/name_u]
[name_u]Avery[/name_u]
[name_f]Brynn[/name_f]
[name_u]Piper[/name_u]

[name_f]Jane[/name_f] ([name_f]Janie[/name_f])–Ooh, I love this one. [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is one of those names that’s classic and completely familiar, but so underused. I would love to meet a little [name_f]Janie[/name_f]. I personally would prefer this one with a slightly more adventurous middle, but [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] or [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] are undoubtedly lovely. [name_f]Jane[/name_f] reminds me of:

[name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]/[name_u]Clare[/name_u]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]

[name_f]Emma[/name_f]–Sweet, energetic, and an all around great name, but very popular. That said, if it’s your favorite, the popularity really doesn’t matter all that much. [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] would be a very sweet first-middle pair. [name_f]Emma[/name_f] reminds me of:

[name_f]Ella[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Hallie[/name_f]
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f]

[name_f]Jane[/name_f] is kind of unexpected! I had to think about it for a second, but I think it’s nice as it has such a rich history and a wholesome, girl-next-door kind of vibe.

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Emma[/name_f] are lovely choices. [name_u]Reese[/name_u] isn’t my style, but is absolutely useable!

[name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is my favorite

[name_u]Reese[/name_u] and [name_f]Jane[/name_f] are sweet

I’d suggest
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Aimee[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Rhea[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]

They’re all gorgeous names and I think any would do great with your surname. Besides [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] most of the middles you mention would work with any of them, too!

Some other ideas if you haven’t found one that feels right yet (though my partner and I were still mulling between 3 after ours was born!):
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u]

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Jane[/name_f] would be the front runners for me. I love [name_f]Amelie[/name_f], [name_f]Amara[/name_f], and [name_u]June[/name_u] for you as suggestions. [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] and [name_f]Amara[/name_f] are much like [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] but with a twist and not as common.

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] melts my heart! If you feel you have not quite found the name you love, might you enjoy?
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u]
[name_f]Celia[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u]
[name_f]Vera[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Lila[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u]
[name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]

Congratulations!!
[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites in order:

1. [name_f]Jane[/name_f]/[name_f]Janie[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Emma[/name_f]
  4. [name_u]Reese[/name_u]

[name_f]Emma[/name_f], then [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] as a second

I always feel conflicted about [name_f]Emma[/name_f] because it’s so popular, but so darn pretty!

I love [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]. [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] is sweet, although I think [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_u]Reese[/name_u] would be cooler!

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] is a nice name! Some similar names might be [name_f]Amy[/name_f] or [name_f]Mia[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f], or some name with classic charm.

While I’m not a huge fan of [name_u]Reese[/name_u], some similar names (short, unisex, modern) might be [name_u]Quinn[/name_u], [name_u]Rory[/name_u], [name_u]Charlie[/name_u], or [name_u]Dale[/name_u].

[name_f]Jane[/name_f] is great! It’s been considered plain for long enough that it is now a strong and surprising choice with plenty of history! For similar sounding names, [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_u]Jean[/name_u], and [name_f]Jenna[/name_f], and for classic sounding names, [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], [name_f]Claire[/name_f]/[name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Mary[/name_f], [name_f]Catherine[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Ida[/name_f], and other names that seemed stuffy but are now coming back.

I also think [name_f]Emma[/name_f] is very pretty, as long as you don’t mind some name twins. Other names that remind me of [name_f]Emma[/name_f] are [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Bella[/name_f], [name_f]Chloe[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f].

Overall, I like [name_f]Jane[/name_f] and [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] the best. [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] sounds nice, as well as [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] (I tend to go for combinations of a longer and shorter name).

Good luck on finding a name that you love!

[name_f]Jane[/name_f] is definitely my favourite out of these, unexpected and cool imo. If you like [name_u]Reece[/name_u] on a boy, id suggest saving it, perhaps with the spelling of [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] :flushed:

Favourite combo would be [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]

Your list is beautiful. [name_f]My[/name_f] top 3 would be [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Emma[/name_f] and [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]! Today, my vote goes to [name_f]Jane[/name_f]. I would love to meet a baby [name_f]Jane[/name_f] nowadays. It would be so refreshing!

[name_f]Jane[/name_f] is my favorite! I love [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_m]Girard[/name_m] or [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_m]Girard[/name_m].

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] is second. [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] [name_m]Girard[/name_m] or [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_m]Girard[/name_m] are pretty.
[name_f]Emma[/name_f] is lovely too, I just feel it’s very popular. [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] or [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] sound nice. I’m not a fan of [name_u]Reese[/name_u].

I would probably choose [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] from your list.

Names with a similar feel you might love more…
[name_f]Amelisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Jemima[/name_f]
[name_f]Renee[/name_f]
[name_f]Melia[/name_f]

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f]!

I think [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] would be absolutely darling.

If you aren’t in love with them, how about [name_f]Amalia[/name_f] instead of [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]? [name_f]Amalia[/name_f] is more unusual and I find it quite elegant. [name_f]Amalia[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] would be lovely.