Due Seasons

Hi Momberries! DH and I are going to be TTC soon and are so excited. We live in the NE United States and get very different weather for all 4 seasons. That has weighed into when we would like to start trying so we could avoid certain weather conditions if possible (too hot/cold). Would love to know if you TTC for a particular season where you live, and if so what were the pros/cons of your due month or season? Or if you’re not a momberry just yet (like myself), what are the pros/cons of your birthday?

My birthday is in late [name_f]September[/name_f] and I always loved it! It makes the summer blues a little less painful with so much to look forward to in the fall. [name_f]My[/name_f] mom said it was really hard to be 8 months pregnant in [name_u]August[/name_u], but that the [name_f]September[/name_f] birthday made it easier to plan outdoor parties for me when I was young.

Can’t wait to hear your perspectives!

2 Likes

Others have posted about this before but I believe this thread was the most recent before yours.

This is my first month TTC for our final babe, so I’m thinking summer. Fall sounds the best for many reasons but I don’t want to wait if I don’t have to.

Mostly I hope the end of 2nd trimester, when I’ll likely feel the best and most energetic, can be spent outdoors playing with my boys. The rest matters less to me. Oh, and I really hope to avoid heatwaves for giving birth (homebirth without AC) but I’m tempting fate by trying now anyway.

4 Likes

My mom really wanted to have me before summer, due to being large in the heat (SE, USA). Fortunately, she conceived me within the timeframe to have a spring baby!

From my experience with people, having a birthday around the holidays isn’t great because it gets lumped in with everything. Also, one of my nieces was born in [name_u]January[/name_u] and we honestly feel burnt out with gifts and celebrating by her birthday :pensive:

My dream has been to have a spring baby, but I’m now hoping for a late-[name_f]October[/name_f], early-[name_u]November[/name_u] baby. But it’s because of outside factors, not the season. I still do wish I could have a spring baby, maybe one day lol

I have a friend who’s birthday is [name_f]September[/name_f] 11th… I know the date of birth is not within our control, other than scheduled IOL or c-section, but I intend to avoid that timeframe as much as I can.

2 Likes

I had my girl in late [name_f]September[/name_f]! [name_u]August[/name_u] is rough but I would much rather be able to wear dresses and sandals than be bundled up in sweaters and coats.

1 Like

I don’t have kids, but my parents said that one of their biggest worries was that I’d be too cold in the snow or that it’d be icy when they left the hospital (I was born in [name_u]January[/name_u]). I’m not really a fan of my birthday either as it’s so close to [name_u]Christmas[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] sister was born in [name_f]September[/name_f] which I was always jealous of growing up, but I doubt I’d want to be heavily pregnant in a heatwave. I’d say the best months would be [name_u]March[/name_u]-[name_f]May[/name_f].

1 Like

I had two summer babies. Well, technically I guess my son was “autumn” but we’re in Australia and the end of [name_u]March[/name_u] was just as bad as mid-[name_u]January[/name_u]. After my daughter was born I said never, ever again would I ever have another summer baby and here we are. It was SO hard to be so hot and pregnant! I did prefer having my son as a newborn in the “autumn” weather, where it wasn’t quite so hot to have him on me. [name_f]My[/name_f] daughter was always just naked and on me and it was so so so hot. Easy to get boobs out for breastfeeding though, I was never wearing anything bulky if I even had a shirt on at all at home. Another bonus, both kids can have (easy, in my opinion) water-themed birthdays. We got a blow-up pool for my daughter’s birthday this year. Entertainment sorted. The kids loved it. Honestly, I think summer is probably the absolute worst season to be heavily pregnant, but a really good one for having a birthday.

I’m also a [name_u]March[/name_u] baby but born in Michigan. [name_f]My[/name_f] mom was worried she was going to have to drive through a blizzard to get to the nearest hospital. It ended up being unusually warm that day, but later I had a snow day on my birthday like four years in a row due to terrible weather. This is a bonus for winter/spring I guess.

2 Likes

Both times it’s taken us 4 months of trying to conceive… so planning particular seasons wouldn’t have worked so well!

I quite like a spring baby - carrying over autumn and winter so not getting crazy hot then, and have newborn in spring and summer so don’t have to worry so much about heating their room or how much to dress them in to keep them warm but safe from suffocation/SIDS. And as northernlights mentioned, getting into better weather for birthday parties. But yeh, very very hot then having this baby on you who wants to cuddle and feed all day long while you’re melting, especially when the jealous fat fluffy cat decides to lie across you too!

2 Likes

My boys are mid-[name_u]March[/name_u] and mid-[name_u]June[/name_u], and being in the southern hemisphere, that means late summer and late autumn.

During the first round, I was heavily pregnant during the peak summer heat. That wasn’t fun. For my second pregnancy, I dealt with the pains and nausea of the first trimester during the hotter months. Also not fun.

In both cases, though, it was great having a newborn at home while the cooler weather moved in. I’m also quite aware that “cooler weather” for us is nowhere near what “cooler weather” means for some of you.

1 Like