Dusty?

I love the nickname [name_u]Dusty[/name_u] for a girl, a la [name_u]Dusty[/name_u] Springfield. I’m just wondering if anyone has any ideas for a full name that allows you to “get to” [name_u]Dusty[/name_u]? ([name_u]Dusty[/name_u] Springfield’s nickname didn’t come from her real name - I know nicknames don’t have to come from someone’s actual name, I just prefer it.) I don’t mind if it’s a bit of a stretch, just as long as there’s some kind of logic behind it.

Hmmm could [name_f]Diana[/name_f] or Diedre work?

Dustina (is this a name?)
[name_f]Dulciana[/name_f]

It could probably work as a nn for [name_f]Rose[/name_f]! [name_f]My[/name_f] first association was “dusty rose.”

Any longer “D” name would give you at least a bit of a connection, even if it’s a little stretch-y. [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] came to mind for me because it include three of the same letters and the same starting and ending sound!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] the suggestion of [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]! Maybe [name_f]Dolores[/name_f], [name_f]Desdemona[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f], [name_f]Dulcinea[/name_f], [name_u]Dustin[/name_u]?

1 Like

beautiful name!

Medusa, Dustina (yes, it is a real name @Babies123456 :wink: ), or [name_f]Candus[/name_f]?

I personally like [name_u]Dusty[/name_u] just by itself or as a middle name

Maybe:
[name_f]Demetria[/name_f]
[name_f]Desinata[/name_f]
[name_f]Dolores[/name_f]
[name_f]Desiree[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]/[name_f]Dorothea[/name_f]
[name_f]Denise[/name_f]/[name_f]Dinisia[/name_f]
[name_f]Dulcita[/name_f]/[name_f]Dulcibella[/name_f]/[name_f]Dulcie[/name_f]
[name_f]Dosia[/name_f]
[name_f]Despina[/name_f]
[name_f]Diantha[/name_f]
[name_f]Delta[/name_f]
[name_f]Drusilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Doris[/name_f]
[name_f]Diamanta[/name_f]
[name_f]Delise[/name_f]/[name_f]Delisa[/name_f]

Or really any D first name with an S or T middle will likely do the trick.

[name_f]Destiny[/name_f]!

[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_u]Justice[/name_u]
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f]
[name_u]Dana[/name_u] [name_f]Justine[/name_f]

I once knew a girl named Dustine. That would lead to [name_u]Dusty[/name_u]!

1 Like

[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] and [name_f]Destiny[/name_f] would be amazing full names for [name_u]Dusty[/name_u]!

1 Like

[name_f]Desdemona[/name_f] nn [name_u]Dusty[/name_u]

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] also has two syllables, plus it starts and ends with the same sounds! So if it were me, I’d absolutely go with [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]! :slight_smile:

[name_u]Dustin[/name_u] sounds like it could be unisex and actually sounds fresher for a girl.

1 Like