Dylan for a girl?

My partner and I have both agreed that we like dylan for a girl. Is this too boyish?, does it need a girly name to follow it, to make it sound not quite so? and if yes what should that be.
ie. [name]Dylan[/name]-rose?
Help!

I like unisex/boyish names for girls, not everyone does. My only issue with [name]Dylan[/name] is that is very popular where I live for little boys. I even like [name]Allen[/name]/[name]Allyn[/name] for a little girl nn [name]Ally[/name].
Yes, if you do decide to use [name]Dylan[/name] for a first name I’d use a more feminine sounding middle name.

[name]Dylan[/name] is short enough to handle a longer middle name.

[name]Dylan[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] just to name a few.

[name]Dylan[/name] is one of my new loves - my most recent bf loved [name]Riley[/name] for a girl, and I didn’t, so I started looking at unisex names as a potential compromise position. [name]Dylan[/name] was far and away my favourite. Although I liked it on boys for a long time, I think it has that “strong but lyrical” feel that makes a good unisex name work for girls. And I loved the literary/musical connotations.

I do think it would be lovely paired with a more girly middle name, but imo [name]Rose[/name] is overdone as a mn. I think it works best with classic names. Some suggestions:
[name]Dylan[/name] [name]Iris[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] [name]Nicole[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] [name]Belle[/name] (depending on your surname)
[name]Dylan[/name] [name]Ava[/name]

Good luck!

[name]Dylan[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] (less popular than [name]Rose[/name] in the middle)
[name]Dylan[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Jill[/name], I love your suggestions! [name]Dylan[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Dylan[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] in particular!

I have a very negative view of the name [name]Dylan[/name]. All I can see is the word ‘dill’ which is a very unflattering name in my opinion.

The only part of the name I like is [name]Anne[/name].

[name]Jill[/name] has some good suggestions for a mn though

I think [name]Dylan[/name] is a strong and a really cool name for a girl. Its very rock starish. The first girl called [name]Dylan[/name] I’ve heard of is the one form the Charlies [name]Angel[/name] film and I think [name]Leah[/name] Woods ([name]Ronnie[/name] [name]Wood[/name]'s daughter) named her daughter [name]Maggie[/name] [name]Dylan[/name] which I thought was just so adorable.

I don’t think [name]Dylan[/name] necessarily needs a girly middle name but just one that isn’t too harsh eg, [name]Dylan[/name] [name]Harper[/name]. Good luck,

oh heres some suggestions
[name]Dylan[/name] [name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] [name]Alexa[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] [name]Emily[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] [name]Christine[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] [name]Ava[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] [name]Honora[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] [name]Ruthie[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] [name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name] Elsabeth

Thanks for all the suggestons.
Lamps I really like [name]Dylan[/name] [name]Belle[/name] as have been looking for something to fit with [name]Belle[/name] and was’nt sure if [name]Dylan[/name] would.
I also agree with rollo on the potential use of ‘dill’ but our older daughter is called [name]Kaia[/name] and we always insisted on this not being shortened to ‘k’ and so far it has’nt been an issue.

The Welsh pronounciation is DULL-an, actually, but I suppose [name]Bob[/name] [name]Dylan[/name] changed all that. I have never heard of a female [name]Dylan[/name] in the UK, but as I have seen, you do things differently over there! It is a nice name and you can used a real “feminissima” name as the middle one.

We’re originally English but are living in New Zealand now. Names over here are really different from what we’re used to in [name]England[/name] as there are so many different cultures. In my daughters school theres… [name]Astrid[/name], [name]Ocean[/name], [name]Dream[/name], [name]Hunter[/name], Astar and [name]Augustine[/name]. to name but a few of the unusual ones I’ve heard around the palyground!

My ex (the one who liked [name]Riley[/name]) was a Kiwi and we planned to move out there, so I have had a peek at the stats for NZ over the last couple of years. They seem to be similar to the UK, but more open to more “American” ideas, so I think [name]Dylan[/name] will be perfect there.
So glad you liked [name]Dylan[/name] [name]Belle[/name]! There’s something about it I really like.

Let us know what you decide on! :slight_smile: