Eamonn's Brother

I am desperately seeking a name for my 2nd son. I fell in love with the name [name]Eamonn[/name] when I was pregnant the first time early on and have not found another name that I like as much this time around. I like the fact that [name]Eamonn[/name] is unique enough that some people have never even heard it before, but it is not a trendy made up name, just an old name that is not used a lot. We have considered naming this one after one of our fathers and using the other father’s name as the middle name, but are having a hard time picking which dad because we don’t want to hurt one by honoring the other. I saw the name [name]Conall[/name] last night for the first time and kind of liked that also. Anyhow, here are the three maybes, but please feel free to post some strong/old fashioned/unique names too! Thanks!!!

[name]Thomas[/name] [name]Louis[/name]
[name]Louis[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Conall[/name] (not sure of a middle name yet)

PS - the last name is [name]Joyce[/name]

I love [name]Eamonn[/name] as well…
have you considered [name]Declan[/name]? We have a [name]Declan[/name] and it’s a wonderful strong name. I love [name]Conall[/name].

others:

[name]Jameson[/name]
[name]Cullen[/name]
[name]Kieran[/name]

I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Declan[/name], but my sister in law has already called that name. It is her absolute favorite and she would be really mad if I “stole” it. I should also add that I am not necessarily looking for an Irish name, just one that is unique and strong. Thanks for the suggestions!!!

am desperately seeking a name for my 2nd son. I fell in love with the name [name]Eamonn[/name] when I was pregnant the first time early on and have not found another name that I like as much this time around. I like the fact that [name]Eamonn[/name] is unique enough that some people have never even heard it before, but it is not a trendy made up name, just an old name that is not used a lot. We have considered naming this one after one of our fathers and using the other father’s name as the middle name, but are having a hard time picking which dad because we don’t want to hurt one by honoring the other. I saw the name [name]Conall[/name] last night for the first time and kind of liked that also. Anyhow, here are the three maybes, but please feel free to post some strong/old fashioned/unique names too! Thanks!!!

[name]Thomas[/name] [name]Louis[/name]
[name]Louis[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Conall[/name] (not sure of a middle name yet)

PS - the last name is [name]Joyce[/name]

I love the name [name]Conall[/name] [name]Joyce[/name]…very nice. Other suggestions could be

[name]Duncan[/name] (since [name]Declan[/name] is taken)
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Lucian[/name]

As for the family names, [name]Thomas[/name] and [name]Louis[/name]…I think that neither one “goes” with your first sons name. Also, has one already been honored by another family member? That way you could pick the other one and explain that since one has and one hasnt, that is why you chose that grandfather. Could you go back farther in the family tree? Maybe the great grandfathers had a name or middle name in common?

Best of [name]Luck[/name]!

Wow! I think [name]Eamonn[/name] is really cool!

[name]Eamonn[/name] and:

[name]Augustus[/name]/in
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Alasdair[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name] (nn [name]Mack[/name])
[name]Cashel[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Duncan[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Davis[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Gulliver[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Lachlan[/name]
[name]Maxfield[/name]
[name]Malcolm[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Rafferty[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

I was also thinking of [name]Cormac[/name]!