Eamonn's Brother

I am stuck and constantly changing my mind. I need some sort of inspiration! I’m 27 weeks now, and while I still have time, I’m starting to feel nervous because of my indecision! With my first son, [name]Eamonn[/name], I fell in love with the name instantly, but this time around, I like names, but do not love anything. Here are some names we have considered: [name]Coleman[/name], [name]Colin[/name], [name]Harrison[/name], [name]Louis[/name] (after my Dad), [name]Thomas[/name] (after my father-in-law) and that’s it. I love the name [name]Nolan[/name], but it’s out. I should also note that while [name]Eamonn[/name] is a super Irish name, I’m actually Italian and am not necessarily looking for another Irish name (although I’m not averse to it either). Sorry for the long post.

If your father or father in law are still alive i think you should only use the name for nm to avoid confusion. Some names that may work with Eemonn
[name]Currin[/name]
[name]Corbin[/name]
kieran
killian
seamus

[name]Hope[/name] this helps. these are all names I’m considering for my son as well.

I am so glad to hear of an [name]Eamonn[/name], so underused but so handsome.

[name]Eamonn[/name] and [name]Connor[/name]
[name]Eamonn[/name] and [name]Jonathan[/name]
[name]Eamonn[/name] and [name]George[/name]
[name]Eamonn[/name] and [name]Charles[/name]
[name]Eamonn[/name] and [name]Seamus[/name]
[name]Eamonn[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Eamonn[/name] and [name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Eamonn[/name] and [name]Silas[/name]
[name]Eamonn[/name] and [name]Jonas[/name]
[name]Eamonn[/name] and [name]Edward[/name]
[name]Eamonn[/name] and [name]Quentin[/name]
[name]Eamonn[/name] and [name]Miles[/name]

[name]Love[/name] [name]Rollo[/name]‘s idea of [name]Eamonn[/name] and [name]Miles[/name]! Smooth cool.
Thought of something else really different! We had a cat named [name]Cairo[/name] [name]Jones[/name]. I just called him [name]Jones[/name]. I looked up [name]Jones[/name] on “check out a name” and Nameberry likes it, so:
[name]Eamonn[/name] and [name]Jones[/name] - but it does sound like a pair of architects or something. Hmmm, what else?
[name]Eamonn[/name] and [name]Chester[/name]
[name]Eamonn[/name] and [name]Clayton[/name]
[name]Eamonn[/name] and [name]Dion[/name] - [name]Dion[/name] is the son of one of my favorite architects - [name]Richard[/name] Neutra!
[name]Eamonn[/name] and [name]Gabriel[/name] nn [name]Gabe[/name]
[name]Eamonn[/name] and [name]Finn[/name]
[name]Eamonn[/name] and [name]James[/name] - [name]James[/name] is different than [name]Eamonn[/name], but they sound good together anyway. [name]James[/name] probably sounds great with almost anything.
[name]Eamonn[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Eamonn[/name] and [name]Julius[/name], [name]Jules[/name]
[name]Eamonn[/name] and [name]Kent[/name] - I read a nameberry blog that said that [name]Kent[/name] is ready for a revival.
[name]Eamon[/name] and [name]Lorenzo[/name] nn [name]Enzo[/name] - might be too matchy.
[name]Eamonn[/name] and [name]Reed[/name] - more smooth and cool.
[name]Eamonn[/name] and [name]Vance[/name] - these two names really match each others’ energy!
[name]Eamonn[/name] and [name]Xander[/name], [name]Zander[/name]

That’s hard, but fun. [name]Eamonn[/name] is a cool name. Also love a bunch of your ideas like Coletrane!
[name]Eamonn[/name] and [name]Louis[/name] sound great together, but [name]Thomas[/name] doesn’t match [name]Eamonn[/name] for me as well. But that doesn’t matter - [name]Thomas[/name] is a great name, one of my very faves. It could just be very different.

Thanks. I love the name [name]Eamonn[/name]. Everyone made faces at first, but I didn’t care because I just loved the way it sounded. Our last name is [name]Joyce[/name], so some of the J ones sound a little funny. I love the name [name]Judah[/name], but the name [name]Judah[/name] [name]Joyce[/name] just doesn’t sound right. I don’t know what’s wrong with me. I appreciate your input, but I’m still not LOVING anything. I think I’m starting to think about it too much, but I keep expecting to just hear a name and love it instantly like I did with [name]Eamonn[/name]. Thanks and keep the ideas coming PLEASE :o)

[name]Don[/name]‘t worry, helpme, we all are obsessed with names, and one of us will think of something for you! What’s your name? I feel funny calling you helpme!
I can’t find one of my favorite name books, but I will look for it.
Thought of [name]Eamonn[/name] and [name]Arthur[/name], [name]Eamonn[/name] and [name]Ansel[/name], [name]Eamonn[/name] and [name]Isaac[/name], [name]Eamonn[/name] and [name]Clive[/name].
[name]Eamonn[/name] is a Gaelic form of [name]Edmond[/name], so I am going to look up some other classic boys’ names and see if I can find a fun variation to go with [name]Eamonn[/name].
Found or also thought of:
[name]Crispin[/name]
[name]Cosmo[/name]
[name]Dmitri[/name], [name]Dimitri[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Kostas[/name]
[name]Magnus[/name]
[name]Paolo[/name]
[name]Phoenix[/name]
[name]Piero[/name]
[name]Pietro[/name]
[name]Rufus[/name]
[name]Russell[/name]
[name]Stellan[/name]
[name]Winslow[/name]
If you like any of the names on the posts at all, let us know so we have some direction.

Thanks! My name is [name]Julie[/name] - ha! [name]Kostas[/name] is kind of cool and I also like the name [name]Silas[/name], but my husband doesn’t… Yes, I think I like classic names that are unusual at the same time? I also love love love the name [name]Rowan[/name], but I know it is becoming popular as a girl’s name? I’m a teacher and all I can think of is how horrible it would be for him to sit next to a girl with the same name.

PS - I also really like [name]Gabriel[/name]. Thanks again!!!

Disregard this.

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Julie[/name]! I was making a whole new list for you when suddenly everything disappeared. I wil have to try to recreate it! From now on check here: if I think of more names I will add them here, so I don’t make so many posts!
[name]Basil[/name]
[name]Clark[/name]
[name]Cornelius[/name] nn [name]Neil[/name]
[name]Dmitri[/name], [name]Dimitri[/name]
[name]Eero[/name] - sounds like [name]Arrow[/name], architect name, I love [name]Eero[/name] Saarinen, International Style!
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Fyodor[/name]
Georgio
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Ivo[/name]
[name]Lazarus[/name] - he was raised from the dead.
[name]Leandro[/name] - super cool!
[name]Marek[/name]
[name]Matthias[/name], [name]Matteo[/name]
[name]Nico[/name], a form of [name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Otis[/name]
[name]Raphael[/name] nn [name]Rafe[/name]
[name]Roland[/name]
[name]Rufus[/name]
[name]Sandor[/name], a form of [name]Alexander[/name]
Sashko - this is a form of [name]Alexander[/name], but I am not sure that I’m spelling it right. I can find out how to spell it if you like it. It’s Ukranian.
[name]Sergio[/name] - a fave of mine and my kids
[name]Sigmund[/name] nn [name]Ziggy[/name]!
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Thaddeus[/name], [name]Taddeo[/name]
[name]Vicente[/name], [name]Vincent[/name]
[name]Victor[/name], [name]Viktor[/name]
[name]Viggo[/name]

[name]Ronan[/name] is gorgeous maybe a bit matchy with [name]Eamonn[/name]?

I am very familiar with [name]Eamonn[/name] which was my fathers name.A name which is in the same vein and which I adore is [name]Reuben[/name].It is rich,resounding and quite unusual like [name]Eamonn[/name] and has the added beauty of meaning reborn in hebrew.He was one of the tribes of [name]Israel[/name] in the Old Testament.This is my no1 boys name,I also like [name]Louis[/name] ,[name]Lewis[/name] is nice and maybe Danann is an unusual Irish name pronounced [name]DON[/name] ann.If you would like anymore Irish suggestions please let me know.

Some other ideas:

[name]Joel[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Lawrence[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Raphael[/name]
[name]Piers[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Saul[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]

Good luck!

I really like [name]Eamonn[/name]! Here are some name I think sound nice with it.
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Davin[/name]
[name]Seth[/name]

I have to say, I was drawn to this thread because I just [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Eamonn[/name]!!

If you don’t mind going Celtic again, some ideas are:
[name]ROAN[/name]
[name]RONAN[/name]
[name]MALACHI[/name]
[name]WYN[/name]
[name]EVER[/name]
[name]ELOI[/name] (pronounced “eh-[name]LOY[/name]”)

As far as something more Latin-sounding, to go with your Italian roots:
[name]MATEO[/name]
[name]RAPHAEL[/name] - nickname could be [name]Rafe[/name], or [name]Rafi[/name]
[name]PASCAL[/name] or [name]REMY[/name] (both French)