Early Start - Feedback Please!

Yes, [name]Vonn[/name] seems to run together with everything. Adding the extra n helps though. My wife is in love with this name![/quote]

Like the previous poster, I love [name]Rhys[/name], but not with [name]Vonn[/name] at all. I think [name]Rhys[/name] would make an amazing first name, but I’m just not a [name]Vonn[/name] fan, and I don’t like the sound of [name]Vonn[/name] [name]Johnson[/name], either…

[name]Rhys[/name] [name]Thorvald[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]? You could still call him [name]Thor[/name] as a pet name, but [name]Rhys[/name] is too amazing not to use regularly, too! What do you and your wife think?

Also, which of you is Norwegian? I’m going to guess your wife, since your last name is [name]Johnson[/name], but I just wanted to make sure…[/quote]

It’s me - a few generations removed from Norway but my dad didn’t speak english until going to school. Family name of Odegard changed by grandfather to [name]Johnson[/name] when entering the US. My wife is adopted but we believe mostly [name]German[/name]. [name]How[/name] about Odegard as a 1st name with nn of [name]Odie[/name]?

[name]Rhys[/name] [name]Thorvald[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]? You could still call him [name]Thor[/name] as a pet name, but [name]Rhys[/name] is too amazing not to use regularly, too! What do you and your wife think?

Also, which of you is Norwegian? I’m going to guess your wife, since your last name is [name]Johnson[/name], but I just wanted to make sure…[/quote]

It’s me - a few generations removed from Norway but my dad didn’t speak english until going to school. Family name of Odegard changed by grandfather to [name]Johnson[/name] when entering the US. My wife is adopted but we believe mostly [name]German[/name]. [name]How[/name] about Odegard as a 1st name with nn of [name]Odie[/name]?[/quote]

Oh, cool! What great heritages you both have - excellent place to pull names from…

Honestly, Odegard has a cool sound to it, but it, especially with the nickname [name]Odie[/name], reminds me 1) of the word “odious,” and 2) of ogres, oddly enough. I think it would be a stellar middle name, though! Are you still considering [name]Rhys[/name]? [name]Rhys[/name] Odegard [name]Johnson[/name] is fabulous!

Maybe you’d like some [name]German[/name] names…

[name]Arlo[/name]
[name]Carsten[/name]
[name]Casper[/name]
[name]Coen[/name]
[name]Edsel[/name]
[name]Emil[/name]
[name]Gunther[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Johann[/name]
[name]Kiefer[/name]
[name]Lukas[/name]
[name]Mayer[/name]
[name]Nicklaus[/name]
[name]Romy[/name]
[name]Stefan[/name]
[name]Tanner[/name]

You could combine one of these names with a Norwegian or Scandinavian name (possibly from the ones I listed earlier, or from your own ideas) or with Odegard - this would honor [name]BOTH[/name] of you!

[name]Hi[/name],
I love the idea of using “[name]Thor[/name]” in your name, and there are so many scandinavian names that are variants of it. You even have the option of using “[name]Thora[/name]” for a girl. Another option for you if you really like “[name]Vonn[/name]” and “Odegard” is to use them together as middle names and choose an entirely different first name so it doesn’t sound like your naming your son “[name]John[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]”. Also, if you like “[name]Sven[/name]”, the norwegian variant of it is “[name]Svein[/name]” which comes from the old norse “Sveinn” meaning boy. If you are serious about looking for a Norwegian/Norse name, might I suggest you check out the website “www.behindthename.com” because you can search for specifically Norwegian, Scandinavian, or Old Norse names on it.
Good [name]Luck[/name]!