EDITED - with Pics! Help me name our Golden boy!

We’re bringing home a Golden Retriever puppy in a few weeks, and I really want to find the perfect name for him soon!

Right now, our running list consists of:

Kramer

Cletus

Harvey

Goose

Winston

Denver

Diego

Of this list, I’d say our top 3 at the moment are Kramer, Denver, and Goose. However, I still don’t feel sold on any of them. I think meeting him will help, but I’d like to feel more confident about our options. My husband’s top favorite is Kramer (yes, he loves Seinfeld). I like it, but have a hard time envisioning it in real life.

What other names would you suggest? I’m partial to human names on dogs (we had a greyhound names Judy and it was so fitting), and also like more outdoorsy/adventurous names. Even better if it’s less common!

Unusable names: Max, Cooper, Gunner, Bear

Thanks!

2 Likes

I love [name_m]Winston[/name_m]! That’s my favorite option. You could also use a name that means golden, like [name_m]Oro[/name_m], [name_m]Aneirin[/name_m], or [name_m]Zahavi[/name_m]. For outdoorsy names I thought of [name_m]Bramble[/name_m], [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m], [name_u]Cypress[/name_u], [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m], [name_m]Heath[/name_m], [name_m]Rhodes[/name_m], [name_m]Salix[/name_m], [name_u]Sorrel[/name_u], and [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u].

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

A Greyhound named [name_f]Judy[/name_f] is amazing. :grin: I generally love the name [name_m]Winston[/name_m] & really like [name_m]Diego[/name_m] from your list. But neither of them seem quite right for a [name_u]Golden[/name_u]. I can totally see [name_u]Denver[/name_u] though. Goose feels more like a brown or black Lab for some reason. Kramer I think works. I just don’t personally find it super attractive, but it is different! [name_m]Cletus[/name_m] & [name_m]Harvey[/name_m] work; neither are my favorites personally. :woman_shrugging:

I’m loving [name_u]Denver[/name_u] for you, but here are a few more ideas:

[name_u]Casey[/name_u]

Dustin/Dusty-Denver reminded me of this, & it’s so cute!

Gil(bert)

[name_u]Jesse[/name_u]

[name_u]River[/name_u]

[name_u]Schuyler[/name_u]

[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

I love Goose!

I want to bring home a second [name_u]Golden[/name_u] (the bf won’t let me) :frowning: and I have been loving [name_u]River[/name_u], [name_u]Trout[/name_u], Camper, [name_m]Otto[/name_m], [name_u]Griffin[/name_u], [name_m]Ted[/name_m], and Duck as name options for a little boy pup!

I like [name_m]Rufus[/name_m] as well, I think it pairs nicely with [name_f]Judy[/name_f].

Please post an update of your little guy when you decide! I need to live vicariously through others pups!

[name_m]Harvey[/name_m] is adorable!

You had goose on your list, and then I thought duck, because I thought of this a few days ago and saw it on a big goofy fun loving dog. Then I saw that @K_at replied duck too! :slightly_smiling_face: so yeah, I like goose and duck.

From there, my brain went
Tuck/Tucker
[name_u]Atlas[/name_u]
[name_m]Moss[/name_m]

I also like [name_m]Winston[/name_m], [name_u]Denver[/name_u] and [name_m]Harvey[/name_m] from your list.

So exciting! Have fun!

1 Like

[name_m]Can[/name_m] I see a picture of him?

Sure! He’s teeny right now (only about 2-3 weeks old). We will get him around 8 weeks in [name_u]June[/name_u].

2 Likes

The first name that comes to mind is [name_u]Echo[/name_u] seeing him!