Edward James, Harry James and Samuel James. Last name Walter

Eliminated [name]Caleb[/name]. Let you know our last name (forgot to mention it last post). Other kids are [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Thomas[/name], [name]Jacob[/name] [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Rose[/name] (Yes, I’ve posted this before but figured I’d add it again for added information!). With all that info and these final 3 choices, let me know your thoughts!!! [name]LOVE[/name] all your advice and feedback–sooo helpful.

I love your kids’ names. :slight_smile:

[name]Edward[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Walter[/name]: I can’t even begin to tell you how much I love the name [name]Edward[/name] [name]James[/name], but [name]Edward[/name] [name]Walter[/name] is kind of hard for me to say because of the W sounds in both names. If the double sounds don’t bother you, I think it’s a great name.

[name]Samuel[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Walter[/name]: I love [name]Samuel[/name] [name]James[/name], but like [name]Edward[/name], [name]Samuel[/name] [name]Walter[/name] is awkward for me to say because of the repetitive L sounds in both names. (The “muel”/“[name]Wal[/name]” transition is what sounds awkward to me…) This may just be me, though!

[name]Harry[/name] [name]James[/name]: I think this is great, too, and [name]Harry[/name] [name]Walter[/name] flows more naturally to me than [name]Edward[/name] [name]Walter[/name] and [name]Samuel[/name] [name]Walter[/name].

So, while [name]Edward[/name] is my favorite of the names (with [name]Samuel[/name] in second place), [name]Harry[/name] flows the best to me with your last name.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I like all of those names, but if I had to choose one I’d choose [name]Samuel[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Walter[/name].

I have to vote for [name]Harry[/name] [name]James[/name] I think it is gorgeous.

[name]Hope[/name] you pick this one I know how hard it is to get a good [name]Walter[/name] combo because I have been trying to put lists together for my daughter’s new baby (due [name]April[/name]) for ages. Sometimes I say if only we could add an ‘s’ and get Walters it would make it so much easier.

Names that end in ‘n’ go well with [name]Walter[/name] eg [name]Cameron[/name] or the ‘y’ sound in [name]Harry[/name].

I often find that the names are too ‘l’ heavy or too ‘t’ heavy or they end in ‘er’ and it clashes with the ‘er’ in [name]Walter[/name].

Best wishes!!

Those are all great names and go well with your other children’s names. Personally my favourite is [name]Samuel[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Walter[/name]. I like the nn “[name]Sam[/name].” The 2 “w’s” of [name]Edward[/name] [name]Walter[/name] sounds like a mouthful and I really dislike the nns “[name]Ed[/name]” and “[name]Eddie[/name].” I really like [name]Harry[/name] [name]James[/name], but that is the full name of [name]Harry[/name] from [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] ([name]Harry[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Potter[/name]) and people might think you’ve named your child after the [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] series.

Still loving [name]Edward[/name] [name]James[/name], but [name]Samuel[/name] [name]James[/name] does sound a little better - particularly with your surname x

I would go for [name]Teddy[/name] as nn for [name]Edward[/name] (as i said on the other post) as i’m not a fan of [name]Eddie[/name] - though [name]Ed[/name] is nice x

[name]Samuel[/name]!!

d_ford, that’s just what I was thinking, about the whole HP connection. . . .

[name]Edward[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Walter[/name] - sounds good if you use the middle name with the first name at all times: [name]Edward[/name] [name]Walter[/name] . . . with the repeatative “w’s”, it sounds like a mouthful when, truthfully, it isn’t. I mean, if you put a small pause in between the two names when you say it, then it’ll be fine. . . .

[name]Samuel[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Walter[/name] - this is even harder for me to say, with the repeatative “l’s”. [name]Samuel[/name] [name]Walter[/name] looks nice in print, but some people may get tongue-twisted. What about [name]Samuel[/name] J. [name]Walter[/name], for the short full name?

[name]Harry[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Walter[/name] - I know a [name]James[/name] [name]Walter[/name]. :slight_smile: Er, [name]Harry[/name] [name]James[/name] sounds, to me, and to d_ford, like it has a [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] connection. I wouldn’t use this.

[name]Even[/name] though whenever I say [name]Edward[/name], I see a handsome “seventeen-year-old” vampire, I love the sound of [name]Edward[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Walter[/name]. [name]Samuel[/name] [name]James[/name] is an OK pick, too, and if you say [name]Samuel[/name] [name]Walter[/name] in a certain way, unlike how most (of my) teachers talk, it sounds pretty good. . . . smile

Good luck! :slight_smile: !!

I think that the [name]Harry[/name] [name]James[/name] connection to [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] would be far from people’s minds and even if they did think of it, so what, it is a great name!

I agree!

I love your kids’ names. :slight_smile:

[name]Edward[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Walter[/name]: I can’t even begin to tell you how much I love the name [name]Edward[/name] [name]James[/name], but [name]Edward[/name] [name]Walter[/name] is kind of hard for me to say because of the W sounds in both names. If the double sounds don’t bother you, I think it’s a great name.

[name]Samuel[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Walter[/name]: I love [name]Samuel[/name] [name]James[/name], but like [name]Edward[/name], [name]Samuel[/name] [name]Walter[/name] is awkward for me to say because of the repetitive L sounds in both names. (The “muel”/“[name]Wal[/name]” transition is what sounds awkward to me…) This may just be me, though!

[name]Harry[/name] [name]James[/name]: I think this is great, too, and [name]Harry[/name] [name]Walter[/name] flows more naturally to me than [name]Edward[/name] [name]Walter[/name] and [name]Samuel[/name] [name]Walter[/name].

So, while [name]Edward[/name] is my favorite of the names (with [name]Samuel[/name] in second place), [name]Harry[/name] flows the best to me with your last name.

Good luck! :-)[/quote]

Such great names!!

I love [name]Harry[/name] [name]James[/name], and I don’t think the [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] connection would be obvious.

However, my one concern is that [name]Harry[/name] traditionally is a nn for [name]Henry[/name], which has already been taken. [name]Harry[/name] is being used a lot on its own now, but to me it’s still a nickname for [name]Henry[/name]. Using the “same” name twice might not be a dealbreaker, but it’s something to consider.

All nice, but I like [name]Samuel[/name] best!

I like all of these but think [name]Samuel[/name] fits best with the rest

My fav is [name]Edward[/name] [name]James[/name] - sounds like a very gentlemanly name and seems fine to say with [name]Walter[/name] unless you say it at 100mph!!! [name]Harry[/name] [name]James[/name] i like but you already have [name]Henry[/name] as a mn which is very similar but i do like it - and i would only worry about the HP thing if your surname was [name]Potter[/name]! As i didn’t even know [name]James[/name] was his mn! :slight_smile: For some reason i get a bit tongue tied saying [name]Samuel[/name] Walters so i prefer the others :slight_smile:

my vote is for [name]Samuel[/name] [name]James[/name]. Although tough choice between [name]Edward[/name] and [name]Samuel[/name]. I prefer the nn [name]Sam[/name] to [name]Ed[/name] so this is what lead me to [name]Samuel[/name]…

In Australia [name]Harry[/name] is a stand alone name, and while I have heard of many [name]Harrys[/name] I have never heard of a [name]Henry[/name] till recently therefore the [name]Henry[/name] nn [name]Harry[/name] trend is not evident here.