Eleanor or Esther?

Which do you prefer and why?

1 Like

I prefer the elegance of [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]

1 Like

eleanor is my preference it feels gentle and warm :))

[name_f]Esther[/name_f]! It’s just such a perfect name :sparkles:

2 Likes

[name_f]Esther[/name_f]! It’s charming and has cultural significance for me. :white_heart: Plus I like that it’s easier to use without any nicknames.

1 Like

[name_f]Esther[/name_f] gets my vote. I’m not fond of the potential nicknames for [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] especially [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] as it is so overused.

Both are beautiful, but I’ll go with [name_f]Esther[/name_f] because a.) It’s much less popular, and b.) I dislike the nickname [name_f]Nora[/name_f]. [name_f]Esther[/name_f] is just so delicate (and yet, grounded and sturdy at the same time) and super sweet!!

Esther💜 I have one! Plus you avoid the overused nickname [name_f]Ellie[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]! So elegant & grand :sparkles:

[name_f]Esther[/name_f]! It just feels stronger and more timeless to me. I’m also fond of the [name_f]Ester[/name_f] spelling.

I’m also not personally a fan of [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] which I fear is an inevitable nickname with [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]. (I do like the spelling [name_f]Elinor[/name_f] a little better though despite the nickname probability being about the same.)

Oddly, I do love the similar nickname [name_f]Essie[/name_f], which is my preferred but not inevitable nickname for [name_f]Esther[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]. We named our daughter this so I’m clearly biased :joy:

She goes by [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]- no nickname. I don’t like [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] but was open/planning to use [name_f]Nell[/name_f]. She suits [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] though so that’s what we call her. I expected more people to try and shorten it to [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] but only one person did and they stopped when we said we weren’t keen.

I love both! I love the nickname [name_f]Nora[/name_f] for [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] but I slightly prefer the name [name_f]Esther[/name_f] over [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] :woman_shrugging:

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]. Also adore the nicknames [name_f]Nell[/name_f] and [name_f]Norah[/name_f] :heart:

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]! So beautiful.

I don’t like the “st” sound in [name_f]Esther[/name_f].

[name_f]Esther[/name_f] is strong and tailored, and it feels much more distinctive than [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] with so many [name_f]El[/name_f]- names popular now. I like [name_f]Tess[/name_f] for an unexpected nickname!

This is a challenge!

I love [name_f]Esther[/name_f] is lovely has tons of positive biblical history, is completely underused, has the sweet nickname [name_f]Essie[/name_f] or Etsy, feels graceful yet wholesome and has the wonderful meaning star :sparkles:

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] feels elegant, refined, regal, sophisticated and timeless. She has a range of wonderful nicknames that would suit a range of different people [name_f]Nell[/name_f], [name_u]Laney[/name_u], [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_f]Elle[/name_f] & [name_f]Nora[/name_f]. [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] has extensive medieval history which makes the name even more appealing.

I think my favourite is [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] just because this is one of my closest friend’s middle names and she completely adores her middle name so that association makes me smile and think of her.

1 Like

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]. Softer, gentler, more timeless.

eleanor!! it is gorgeous

I like [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Esther[/name_f] is pretty but I personally think it is still much to biblical for me. If that isn’t an issue for you I think it’s a good and solid name, but [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] just feels more elegant I think. [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] also has my favorite nickname options. [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], and [name_f]Nora[/name_f] are all amazing.

[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: She’s more feminine and airy to me!