Eleanor

It’s not my style, but hearing the name [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] on “The Good Place” helped me understand the appeal. It’s elegant and has a nice flow to it.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]. It’s probably in my top five favorite girl names. And I used to not like it at all. I thought it was a little frumpy. Then I heard a little boy (called [name_u]Finn[/name_u]!) call to his sister, [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], at a children’s museum one day. They were just this fun, spunky, sporty little brother sister pair, & it made me fall in love w/Eleanor. It’s perfectly feminine w/out being frilly. It’s smart, bold, & has this cool adventurous spirit about it. Plus, my great grandma was [name_f]Nellie[/name_f]. So, I love the idea of [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] nn [name_f]Nellie[/name_f] to honor her.

Hope my rambling helps. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think a lot of folks use this as an honor name (I have it on my list of potential middle names, to honor someone)

I also think of [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_m]Roosevelt[/name_m], which makes me feel like it’s a great, strong name!

1 Like

I didn’t used to like it but I do these days. I think it’s the timeless elegance it has. It’s very [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Austen[/name_u].

1 Like

If my last baby had been a girl, her name would have been [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Irene[/name_f] [name_f]Fay[/name_f]. The last too honour names. [name_m]Alas[/name_m] it was not to be. I still love the name [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]. It is just right.

1 Like