Elijah Josue and Scott...?

So I found a boy’s name that I feel definitely decided on.
[name]Elijah[/name] [name]Josue[/name] - two biblical prophets who were strong leaders and full of faith. My DH loves [name]Elijah[/name] so he’ll be satisfied, my brother’s name is [name]Joshua[/name] so [name]Josue[/name] will be a great tribute to uncle [name]Josh[/name], who is currently doing a mission in Mexico! And my spanglish dilemma is solved here. The first name is an American name, and the second is a Latin name that my American friends love, ( though it’s not listed on Nameberry! ) so those who cant say one can say the other, as someone on my thread suggested. Thanks!

Anyway, I am so proud of it, even though I am still wishy washy about the girls names. So I thought I’d work on boys for a while too. Here is another completely American name that DH loves (if we have 2 boys) but I’m not sure what to do with it:
[name]Scott[/name]. [name]Scott[/name] is a good strong boy name that may be considered “dated” though that doesnt really stop me. It’s just as American sounding as [name]Elijah[/name] and I know a great namesake, and I have some Scottish roots in my family tree, so I would be happy to use it. It would be awesome to find another latino name to go in the middle, or really anything that sounds good with [name]Hernandez[/name], so I’m curious about what you have to say!

Muchas gracias berrycitas!

[name]How[/name] do you pronounce [name]Josue[/name]?

In spanish, the J is pronounced like H, so Ho-su-ay, with an accent on the e.

[name]Elijah[/name] [name]Josue[/name] is such a great compromise! It’s actually quite perfect. :slight_smile: [name]Scott[/name] has steadily crept up on me. I really like it! It’s one of those names I used to think only someone 15 years older than me would have, or just a fillerish MN, but most of the Scotts I’ve met have been great guys, and I really have come to like it. Are there any other names you’d like to pass on?

What about:

[name]Scott[/name] [name]Agustin[/name] (I’m guessing I don’t have to provide Spanish pronunciations? haha. I recently finished two years of fairly hard-core Spanish classes back-to-back, so I’m used to giving pronunciations, but I’m guessing you really don’t need them, lol)
[name]Scott[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] (I know someone who’s married to a Latino [name]Alexis[/name]… I think she says it like ah-lex-EES? I’m not sure about that pronunciation, but I do think it’s nice, and [name]Alex[/name] seems to be quite common in Hispanic circles)
[name]Scott[/name] [name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Scott[/name] [name]Felix[/name]
[name]Scott[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Scott[/name] [name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Scott[/name] [name]Antonio[/name]
[name]Scott[/name] [name]Jose[/name] (although [name]Jose[/name] and [name]Josue[/name] are probably too close!)
[name]Scott[/name] [name]Miguel[/name]
[name]Scott[/name] [name]Maximo[/name]

And that’s about the extent of my Spanish names. Off-hand, anyway! I think if I had another family name to work with I could probably come up with something. It’d be nice to have another family connection, since [name]Elijah[/name] would have one. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

Thanks, [name]Ash[/name]!! I appreciate the compliments, like I said I’m so proud of my name hahaha. I actually love the latin version of [name]Elijah[/name] used in your sig. But my hubby preferred [name]Elijah[/name]. Go figure! Good for you for taking spanish classes! And nope! Dont need any help with pronunciation. I have a Spanish degree. Some of those names sounded nice but I’m not quite convinced; they flow but seem too common.
I have a lot of latin names in my family tree since I’m a quarter hispanic. Like [name]Enrique[/name], [name]Carlos[/name], Fransisco, [name]Ernesto[/name], and DH’s name [name]Ricardo[/name].
I wish that [name]Scott[/name] [name]Ricardo[/name] sounded well, but it doesn’t, and the others dont quite convince me either. Thoughts?
I could always latinify another family member. Actually, my grandfathers are named [name]Carl[/name] AND [name]Carlos[/name]. [name]Scott[/name] [name]Carlos[/name]? As if [name]Carlos[/name] wasnt common…
Help. Lol.
Maybe I should do ___[name]Scott[/name] and have him go by [name]Scott[/name]. I see more flow possibilities there. What do you and other berries think? I am totally up for brainstorming.

I really love [name]Scott[/name]! I don’t know if this is what you had in mind, but I love [name]Scott[/name] [name]Miguel[/name].

Here are some ideas:

• [name]Scott[/name] [name]Xavier[/name] [name]Hernandez[/name]
  • [name]Scott[/name] [name]Adan[/name] [name]Hernandez[/name]
  • [name]Scott[/name] [name]Alejandro[/name] [name]Hernandez[/name]
  • [name]Scott[/name] [name]Damian[/name] [name]Hernandez[/name]
  • [name]Scott[/name] [name]Adrian[/name] [name]Hernandez[/name]
  • [name]Scott[/name] [name]Rafael[/name] [name]Hernandez[/name]
  • [name]Scott[/name] [name]Roman[/name] [name]Hernandez[/name]
  • [name]Scott[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Hernandez[/name]
  • [name]Scott[/name] [name]Felipe[/name] [name]Hernandez[/name]

De nada. :slight_smile:

haha, well, I didn’t really have a choice! I wanted to graduate on time and I had to take two intermediate-level foreign-language courses. I couldn’t get into French 1, so that left Spanish 1, or something like [name]German[/name] or Russian or Chinese, which I didn’t really want to take. :slight_smile: I absolutely loved it, though, and I can understand quite a bit of what I hear people say when they come in where I work and such. :slight_smile:

I love [name]Elias[/name] too! haha. I think [name]Scott[/name] [name]Elias[/name] would be too cute, too bad it doesn’t really work, haha. I think in Spanish it would be different, though–I say eh-LYE-us, not eh-[name]LEE[/name]-as, although I do love the Spanish pronunciation, as well!

I actually love [name]Scott[/name] [name]Carlos[/name] for you–it would honor two very important people and I just love the feel of the combo as a whole. I think [name]Elijah[/name] [name]Josue[/name] and [name]Scott[/name] [name]Carlos[/name] would be so cute for brothers!

Did a bit of searching and came up with these for you… :slight_smile:

[name]Scott[/name] [name]Alejandro[/name] (any [name]Alex[/name]'s in your family?)
[name]Scott[/name] [name]Andreas[/name] (any Andrews?)
[name]Scott[/name] [name]Arturo[/name] (any [name]Arthur[/name]'s?)
[name]Scott[/name] [name]Aurelio[/name] (the meaning “golden” is nice… although I prefer [name]Aurelia[/name] for a girl–would something like [name]Aurelia[/name] interest you for a girl? I wouldn’t say it has [name]Emily[/name]'s presence, but I think it would be gorgeous with [name]Elijah[/name] and [name]Scott[/name]…)
[name]Scott[/name] [name]Feliciano[/name]
[name]Scott[/name] [name]Leandro[/name] (oooh! love! I worked with a [name]Leandro[/name], nn [name]Leo[/name], this summer and he was just awesome… I think [name]Scott[/name] [name]Leandro[/name] would be really handsome, and a nice blend. I think it works well with [name]Elijah[/name] [name]Josue[/name], too!)
[name]Scott[/name] [name]Mateo[/name]/[name]Matteo[/name] (any [name]Matt[/name]'s? I think this is pretty great, too…)
[name]Scott[/name] [name]Luciano[/name] (maybe more Italian than Spanish? But I think it could work for Spanish-speaking family…)
[name]Scott[/name] [name]Pedro[/name]
[name]Scott[/name] [name]Rafael[/name] (love!)
[name]Scott[/name] [name]Santiago[/name]
[name]Scott[/name] [name]Tadeo[/name]

There are more names here (Nickelodeon Parents | Printables, coloring pages, recipes, crafts, and more from your child’s favorite Nickelodeon and Nick Jr. shows.), I just picked the most usable, or the ones I liked best with [name]Scott[/name], anyway, haha. I had a post a while ago looking for a little brother’s name for [name]Isabel[/name] for a children’s book I had to write for my final Spanish course–maybe some of those would be usable, too? Here’s the link (Nameberry - Welcome to the Nameberry Forums…).

Good luck again! :slight_smile:

Gracias, minorbeatrice and boyandgirl! [name]Scott[/name] [name]Miguel[/name] and [name]Scott[/name] [name]Roman[/name] are good suggestions!

[name]Ash[/name], gracias! I keep forgetting you’re my age because you seem older for some reason. Congrats on graduating, and learning a skill that’s useful at your work. That’s what I love about Spanish, there are always chances to practice it! I love both pronunciations of [name]Elias[/name]. I suggested it to DH and he said no but said that he would like [name]Elijah[/name]. Maybe [name]Scott[/name] [name]Carlos[/name] isnt so bad! I noticed your suggestion of [name]Matteo[/name]. Now that I’ve had things to ponder about, I am also thinking of using [name]Matias[/name]. [name]Mathias[/name] is a family name and if I latinize it follows the pattern, and it’s biblical! I like the pattern. DH chooses the first names (American and also religious namesakes). I choose the middle name ( a latin version of a family name. ) Well, at least for the boys.:slight_smile:
I have never thought of [name]Aurelio[/name], [name]Feliciano[/name], [name]Luciano[/name], or [name]Leandro[/name]. And that’s a good thing. There is an [name]Arthur[/name] further back, so [name]Arturo[/name] is also an option.
But I think I like [name]Matias[/name] the best. I’ll see what DH says. Thanks berries for your inspiration!

[name]Ah[/name], DH didnt like [name]Josue[/name]! I was so sad! I know you nameberries know how this feels! He said he’ll think about it after I insisted. But I know there are perfect middle names out there that both of us will like. I will find them. Of course, he said he likes the English version, [name]Joshua[/name]. But I dont like how that sounds with [name]Elijah[/name]. Havent asked about [name]Matias[/name] yet. I’ll reevaluate the suggestions but any extra ideas would be more than welcome!

Oh, no! I saw your signature had changed and I had to see if you updated this thread! It sounds like he’s not too crazy about a lot of Spanish alternatives, haha! Is it important to have at least one Spanish name? Because if he likes [name]Joshua[/name] and you like [name]Joshua[/name], what about [name]Scott[/name] [name]Joshua[/name]? I really like that, actually…

I am a bit stumped at the moment, haha, I’ve never been particularly good at thinking up Spanish names. I’ll stop by a bit later if I have more ideas… :slight_smile:

hugs

You’re too sweet [name]Ash[/name]! Thanks, well, [name]Scott[/name] [name]Joshua[/name] isnt a bad idea at all! Or even [name]Joshua[/name] [name]Scott[/name]. It doesnt have to be a latin middle, I just thought that was a good idea, but I have to figure out which latin names he likes! He says that he does like some. But if they are both American names, that works too!

Oh, well, I absolutely love [name]Joshua[/name] [name]Scott[/name]! I love [name]Joshua[/name] as a FN but can’t really use it there as it’s my cousin’s name. I slipped it into [name]Everett[/name] [name]Joshua[/name] [name]Charles[/name] on my own list, though. :slight_smile: I think [name]Scott[/name] pairs with it perfectly, too!

Yeah, I would ask him what Latin names he likes! Because you shouldn’t have to do all the work just to have him veto them, haha. I think something like [name]Elijah[/name] [name]Leander[/name] and [name]Joshua[/name] [name]Scott[/name]/[name]Elijah[/name] [name]Leandro[/name] and [name]Joshua[/name] [name]Scott[/name] would be really handsome for brothers. :slight_smile:

Those are good ideas! Thanks! I’ve never heard the name [name]Leander[/name] or [name]Leandro[/name], so I’ll check it out!