Eliza - stand alone or nn for elizabeth

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] is a good name on its own or do you prefer it as a nn for [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]?

I like it on its own:)

I prefer [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], but [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] works beautifully on its own.

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] is definitely able to stand on its own. :slight_smile:

I think its great on its own but I prefer it as a nickname for [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], in case she wants another option.

I prefer [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]

I think of them as two destination names because of the difference in pronunciation of the I sound - eh in [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and i in [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]. Also I have never know an [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] who used [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] as a nickname. (I know plenty of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]'s but why would you use a nickname almost as long as the original name.)

I prefer [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]. It seems to have more spirit and spunk than [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. And there are still plenty of nickname options… [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_f]Liza[/name_f], [name_f]Liz[/name_f].

It’s a stand alone

It can stand alone, aboslutely. [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] is a beautiful name!

Definitely a stand alone name. It’s one of my very favorites!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]! Definitely a stand alone name.

I love it by itself!! I’m getting a little burnt out on [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. Yes, it’s a classic, but it’s a very worn classic. [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] is in the same family but feels far less expected.

I like [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] as a standalone. Normally, I’m all for the super formal name with lots of nn potential, but there’s just something about [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] that I love. I do think it lends itself to interest nicknames if that’s what you like. There is [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_f]Elle[/name_f], [name_f]Liza[/name_f], [name_f]Liz[/name_f], [name_u]Izzy[/name_u], or even [name_m]Eli[/name_m].

I really do like [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and think [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] would be a great nn. But [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] is still so wonderful on it’s own.

Stand alone, I love it by itself.

It depends on the surname. Certainly I think it can stand on its own, but [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] might sound better with some surnames and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] with others.

Without a doubt, I think [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] can stand alone. It’s so popular here, it doesn’t even feel like a nn any more to me.

I like it both ways, on it’s own or as a nickname for [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].