Elizabeth or Eliza?

[name]Elizabeth[/name] or [name]Eliza[/name]? Which do you recommend and why?

[name]Love[/name] [name]Love[/name] [name]Love[/name] them both. I am no help. What middle names are you considering? Maybe they are better fit with one or the other.

I like [name]Eliza[/name]. You still get about half of the nn’s [name]Elizabeth[/name] has (there’s a LOT! :slight_smile: ) and it is heard waay less than [name]Elizabeth[/name]. It sounds “fresher” to me. But then again (here’s where I become no help!) [name]Eliza[/name] could be a nn for [name]Elizabeth[/name]. That way your daughter has even more options.

…but I would choose [name]Eliza[/name] :slight_smile:

Oh isn’t this a hard question?!

Here are my thoughts:

If you only and ever want her to be called [name]Eliza[/name], go with [name]Eliza[/name]. If you are open to the possibility that she may eventually choose one of the other nicknames for [name]Elizabeth[/name] for herself, then choose [name]Elizabeth[/name] and nickname her [name]Eliza[/name].

[name]Both[/name] are gorgeous - [name]Elizabeth[/name] is just more flexible - which could be good or bad.

Good luck!

My personal [name]MO[/name] is to use the name [name]Elizabeth[/name] and then just call her [name]Eliza[/name]. I actually prefer [name]Eliza[/name], but this way she can choose a different nickname if she wants when she’s older. Also - I dunno - I just have a thing about given names that are really nicknames. I couldn’t put “[name]Joe[/name]” or “[name]Eliza[/name]” on the birth certificate for some reason. ??

Thank you for your thoughts. We have really been having difficulty deciding. To answer your question, the middle name will be [name]Grace[/name].

[name]Hi[/name] Mom1! :slight_smile: I love both [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name]! I think both [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Grace[/name] are very pretty combinations. I’m somone who doesn’t like nicknames as first names, but for some reason, I think of [name]Eliza[/name] as a “name” and not a nickname. (I’m thinking it’s because of [name]Eliza[/name]'s history and my having watched “My Fair Lady” about 1,000 times growing up.)

Like the others noted, [name]Eliza[/name] can always be a nickname for [name]Elizabeth[/name], but you can’t get [name]Elizabeth[/name] from [name]Eliza[/name].

I think both names work really well with your little [name]Caitlin[/name] (I actually can picture [name]Elizabeth[/name] with [name]Caitlin[/name] before [name]Eliza[/name]), and either way, I don’t think you can go wrong!

Good luck! :slight_smile: