Ellia? How would you pronounce this name?

[name]How[/name] would you pronounce the name [name]Ellia[/name]? I’m thinking about this name for my daughter who is due in 3 weeks. My husband and I haven’t been able to agree on a name and I’m becoming very frustrated. Your help would be appreciated!!!

Please let me know also what you think of the name [name]Ellia[/name] for our little girl.

Suggestions are also welcome for names. Husband likes names that begin with “[name]Ari[/name]”. I dislike [name]Arielle[/name]/a and he dislikes [name]Arianne[/name]/a. I like “[name]El[/name] or [name]Al[/name]” names but he’s ruled out [name]Alaina[/name]/[name]Elaina[/name]. Our 1st daughter is [name]Gianna[/name]. My hair is becoming slightly more grey trying to figure this out but nothing feels perfect to me.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

I would say it [name]ELL[/name]-ee-uh. I think it is pretty.

I agree with the previous pp. [name]Ell[/name]-ee-uh and it is a pretty name

some more suggestions

[name]Aletta[/name]/[name]Alette[/name]
[name]Alya[/name]
[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Maricela[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name]
[name]Eliora[/name]

I would pronounce it the same as above, and wouldn’t imagine it would cause many pronunciation problems. I’ve only seen it spelled [name]Elia[/name], and I personally think it’s prettier with just one L. Either way, it’s a really lovely name that I have also been liking lately.

[name]Ellia[/name] seems like a made up name to me so it would not be a choice that I would personally recommend. I do know of a similar name [name]ALIA[/name] (Arabic for “high or exalted”). Some other suggestions might be the following:
[name]Adela[/name] (French/Spanish for “of noble cheer”)
Adiva (Arabic for “pleasant, gentle”)
Aglaia (one of the three Graces in Greek mythology)
[name]Ailsa[/name] (Scottish for “of good cheer”)
Airlia (Greek for “ethereal”)
[name]Alba[/name] (Latin for “white, fair”)
Alcina (Greek for “strong-minded”)
[name]Alethea[/name] (Greek for “truth”)
[name]Alida[/name]/Alita (Latin for “winged, bird-like”)
[name]Aphra[/name] (Hebrew for “dust”)
[name]Asha[/name] ([name]African[/name] for “life”)
[name]Eira[/name] (Welsh for “snow”)
Elata (Latin for “happy”)
[name]Eliane[/name]/[name]Eliana[/name] (Latin for “sunshine”)
[name]Elisha[/name] (Hebrew/Greek for “wise”)
[name]Eliza[/name] ( Latin/Hebrew for the “chosen one”)
[name]Ella[/name] (English for"beautiful fairy woman"). This is in my opinion a better name than [name]ELLIA[/name]
[name]Elmira[/name] (English for “noble” and a place name in [name]Canada[/name])
[name]Eloisa[/name] (French/[name]German[/name] for “famous in battle”)
[name]Elvira[/name] (French/Spanish for “fair, blond one”)
[name]Ena[/name] (English for “soul”)
[name]Estella[/name] (Persian/Latin for “star”)
Good luck with your baby!

I really don’t like the spelling of [name]Ellia[/name]. [name]How[/name] about the more common spelling, [name]Aaliyah[/name] or [name]Aliyah[/name]? I like these better. Good luck! :slight_smile:

I know a girl named [name]Elia[/name]- it’s actually an Italian version of the name [name]Elijah[/name] (think [name]Elia[/name] Kazan). She pronounces it ell-EE-uh. She is usually called [name]Ely[/name]. I think it’s sweet and a bit unusual though it will probably blend in well with the Ellas, Elianas, Elenas, etc. Some other “[name]El[/name]/[name]Al[/name]” names you might like:

[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Eliora[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]/[name]Eleanora[/name]/[name]Elianora[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name]
[name]Elisabeth[/name]
[name]Ellis[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Elora[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name]

[name]Alyssa[/name]
[name]Alanna[/name]
[name]Alta[/name]
[name]Alexandra[/name]/[name]Alexa[/name]/[name]Alexis[/name]
[name]Aliza[/name]
[name]Alma[/name]
[name]Althea[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

Thanks for your input!!!

THANKS!!! It’s been growing on me as well. [name]Just[/name] can’t sell it to the husband. The first thing he thinks of is the R&B singer [name]Aaliyah[/name] who died really young. I know I definitely could not get him to agree to the spelling [name]Aaliyah[/name] (or any variation of the name beginning with ‘A’) so I’m trying to get him to like [name]Ellia[/name].

I like the spelling [name]Aaliyah[/name] or [name]Aliyah[/name] but as I’ve mentioned in another post my husband associates that spelling to the R&B singer [name]Aaliyah[/name] who died really young. He would never agree to the spelling of this name with an ‘A’ so I’m trying to get him to like [name]Ellia[/name] and unfortunately he won’t stop calling our unborn child [name]Arielle[/name] (which I’m totally against).

Thanks so much for these suggestions!!! Very creative and has got me thinking about different variations.

Definitely helps!! Thanks!!!

One of my good friends is named [name]Ellia[/name] … which is NOT the same as [name]Aaliyah[/name].

[name]Ellia[/name] : prn [name]Ell[/name]-ee-uh.

I think its darling, a less common [name]Ellie[/name]/ella/etc. variation. I think its a beautiful name!

Thanks!!! I’d love to be able to use [name]Elle[/name]/[name]Ella[/name] as a nickname but want something more substantial, therefore [name]Ellia[/name] seemed like a nice option.

BTW, one of my top choices for names was always [name]Leila[/name]/[name]Layla[/name] until my husband’s best friend named their daughter [name]Leila[/name]. I thought about [name]Lillia[/name] but it didn’t have the same beauty as the name [name]Leila[/name]/[name]Layla[/name]!

Have you considered the name [name]Aria[/name]? It is pretty, and goes pretty well with [name]Gianna[/name].

Wow, I found this searching for a different [name]El[/name]- name, and saw that you found [name]Elmira[/name] interesting being from [name]Canada[/name]… the only [name]Elmira[/name] I know of ([name]Ontario[/name]) is close to another [name]El[/name]- place name, [name]Elora[/name]. I actually have a friend in her 20s with this name and I have always thought it was beautiful.