Elliot nn Elli

What do you nameberries think about [name]Elliot[/name] nn [name]Elli[/name] for a little girl?? I’ve heard it a few times but recently met a little [name]Elliot[/name] and she was darling! What about young adult and adulthood, would [name]Elliot[/name] age well??

For me, I love the nickname [name]Ellie[/name], but I think there’s such better ways to get to it than using a boy’s name. I wouldn’t like to be a girl who was always being mistaken for a boy. What about [name]Eleanor[/name], [name]Elise[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Gabrielle[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Anabel[/name], [name]Isabelle[/name], [name]Elaine[/name], [name]Maribel[/name], [name]Belle[/name], [name]Raquel[/name], [name]Arielle[/name], [name]Noelle[/name], or [name]Giselle[/name]?

I think there are better ways to get the nn [name]Ellie[/name]. [name]Elliot[/name] will constantly be confused for a boy imo. I dislike boys names on girls, that is just me. Maybe [name]Eloise[/name] or [name]Eliza[/name]?

[name]Elliot[/name] is very masculine to me. I think a little girl named [name]Elli[/name] is cute, but when she grows up she might want to use her full name. Using [name]Elliot[/name] could be confusing as it is still primarily being used as a boys name in the US (it is #332 for boys and not in the top 1000 for girls). If you like the nickname [name]Elli[/name] there are soo many other beautiful names that yield that nickname. Some are:

[name]Elizabeth[/name]/[name]Elisabeth[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Ella[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Elena[/name]
[name]Elianna[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name]
[name]Ellen[/name]
[name]Elspeth[/name]
[name]Emmanuelle[/name]
Any name ending in “elle” ([name]Anabelle[/name], [name]Janelle[/name], etc.)

[name]Hi[/name]!

Why not use the masculine [name]Elliot[/name] for a girl? Boys’ names can sound fresh when used on a girl, and even though I’m not usually a fan of this, I’m in favor of [name]Elliot[/name] because it is an [name]Austen[/name] surname!

I know a female [name]Elliot[/name] - she spells it a bit strangely, though, maybe Elliotte? - and she is about 21 now. She is extremely feminine, a talented singer and intelligent young woman!

You have to pair [name]Elliot[/name] with a feminine middle name, though! Depending on the length of your surname, you might like [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Claire[/name], [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Jane[/name], [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Faye[/name], [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Marie[/name], [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Catherine[/name], [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Miranda[/name], [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name], [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Maria[/name], [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name], or [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Elliot[/name] for a girl is awesome! I love the nickname [name]Elli[/name]/e as well. This opinion is coming from a fan of Dr. [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Reid[/name]'s from “Scrubs.” I think it could transition well into adulthood, especially with a more feminine middle name. I did like a previous poster’s suggestion of [name]Eliza[/name] though. It’s on my list!

I think [name]Elliot[/name] is handsome for a boy. I really dislike it on a girl. I think it’s a shame to use a masculine name in order to get a frilly nickname. There are a lot of female names you could use to get to [name]Ellie[/name], many of them are not very common. If your looking for something that seems fresh and different, you might want to consider going that route.

• other ways to [name]Ellie[/name]-
    [name]Eliora[/name]
    [name]Elina[/name]
    [name]Elysia[/name]
    Elita
    [name]Elka[/name]
    [name]Elora[/name]
    [name]Eleri[/name]- welsh female name
    [name]Elenora[/name]
    [name]Marielle[/name]
    [name]Murielle[/name]
    [name]Adelle[/name]
    [name]Estella[/name]
    [name]Estelle[/name]
    [name]Arabel[/name]
    Elowen

Well, I like it. I am a believer that a less feminine name may actually be in a girl’s best interest. They have done studies. Girls with less feminine names tend to land better jobs, blah, blah. That being said, I really like [name]Elliot[/name] on a little girl. Girls are taking over the world, anyways!!!

I also like [name]Emmerson[/name], nn [name]Emma[/name].

I really like it! I have always liked it. But we already have an [name]Elli[/name] in the family (short for [name]Elizabeth[/name]) so it would be confusing to have 2 [name]Elli[/name]'s I think. But I really really like it!

Go for it! modern edge but still maintains it girly feel.

I second the spelling Elliotte for a girl. My fav is Elliotte [name]Claire[/name].

I love the name [name]Elliot[/name] for a girl it’s one of my favorite names, I would spell it Elliotte though

One of my friends recently had a baby girl and named her Elliette - [name]Ellie[/name] for short

I am not fond of this name for boys or girls but I think it is particularly difficult for girls, and not to mention an uncommon spelling… Not only will she have to make sure people know she is a ‘she’ but she will be spelling it out all her life.

And [name]Ellie[/name] is a bit too common for my liking. I think if anything, [name]Elle[/name] is the best name that could come out of that.

I think [name]Elliot[/name] (or [name]Elliott[/name]/[name]Eliot[/name]) is perfectly fine on a girl of any age and the nn [name]Ellie[/name] is so cute:) If you love it, use it!

Good [name]Luck[/name]:slight_smile:

• [name]Charlie[/name]

Why not name your child what you want to call her?