elliott or elliot? one "t" or two???

we are leaning towards naming out second son elliot(t) but can’t decide on the spelling…one “t” or two?

would love to hear what people think of elliott vs. elliot.

thanks!

[name]Elliott[/name]

If we have a second son we’re thinking of naming him [name]Elliot[/name] too! And that’s how we’d spell it- one ‘t’. I just think it looks better that way.

I agree with the previous poster that [name]Elliott[/name]/[name]Elliot[/name] looks better with one “t” than two. Two looks a bit overdone. I like [name]Elliot[/name] a lot, it’s cool without trying too hard.

[name]Eliot[/name].

I would spell it [name]Elliot[/name], with just the one ‘t’ but I know a few people who spell it [name]Elliott[/name], with two and I think that looks fine too. It’s a great name! Good [name]Luck[/name]:slight_smile:

I like [name]Elliott[/name]

I like both spellings, but I think I like [name]Elliot[/name] better. I think the extra T reminds me of [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Juliette[/name], but then again, I love [name]Everett[/name].

Hmm…If I were to use [name]Elliott[/name]/[name]Elliot[/name] on a son, I’d go with [name]Elliot[/name], because it’s the authentic spelling and looks more masculine to me.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Two T’s looks more like a last name instead of a first name. Great choice!

I prefer [name]Elliott[/name] because it looks more balanced with the two l’s. Great name!

Ditto!