Elouise?

[name_f]My[/name_f] grandmothers middle name was [name_u]Louise[/name_u]. I’m about 15 weeks pregnant (we don’t know gender yet) so I’m starting to think about names. I like the name [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] but would it be crazy to spell it [name_f]Elouise[/name_f] instead so it includes all the letters of Lousie to honor my grandmother?

[name_f]My[/name_f] other top girl names ideas are [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_f]Vera[/name_f], [name_f]Mila[/name_f], [name_f]Claire[/name_f] with middle names of either [name_u]Anne[/name_u], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] or [name_u]Louise[/name_u] (but obviously wouldn’t use [name_u]Louise[/name_u] if I pick Eloise/Elouise)

2 Likes

Personally [name_f]Elouise[/name_f] looks like a typo to me. I still think [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] works perfectly fine to honour a [name_u]Louise[/name_u] myself!

12 Likes

I love Elouise! That looks sooo pretty. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

[name_f]Elouise[/name_f] is really pretty but [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] honours [name_u]Louise[/name_u] perfectly if you prefer that spelling

2 Likes

I have actually been thinking about [name_f]Elouise[/name_f] lately and I agree with @anon25197097 that it looks like a typo. I also sounds and bit made up like [name_f]Alora[/name_f] being spelled [name_f]Alaura[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] on it’s own is just perfect to honor [name_u]Louise[/name_u]. [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u] is perfection.

1 Like

@Artemis31 I was kind of thinking the same thing, which is why I asked lol Thanks for your input

1 Like

I think [name_f]Elouise[/name_f] works but I would pronounce it differently to [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] (el-loo-ees vs el-low-ees).

2 Likes

I love the name [name_f]Elouise[/name_f] spelt that way!!!
[name_f]Elouise[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_f]Elouise[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u] sound so great together!!

1 Like

[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] is a lovely name and a good honour for [name_u]Louise[/name_u]. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’d instinctively pronounce [name_f]Elouise[/name_f] like eh-loo-eez, not [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]. It kind of looks like a misspelling to me to be honest but I really like [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] and it would work!

I’m confused about how the pronunciation would work. [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] is said like Eh-low wheras [name_u]Louise[/name_u] is Like [name_u]Lou[/name_u]. So I think it works in theory but I’m stopping at it each time wondering if I’m saying Eh-low or Eh-Lou

Personally I would just aim for mn [name_u]Louise[/name_u]

I think [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] spelling still honors a [name_u]Louise[/name_u]! I think the [name_f]Elouise[/name_f] spelling looks like a mistake and would get misspelled constantly.

I wouldn’t use [name_f]Elouise[/name_f]. It looks like a typo, and it feels hard to pronounce. [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] is gorgeous!

I love [name_f]Elouise[/name_f] tbh, and prefer it to the original spelling :sweat_smile: [name_f]Elouise[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u] would be gorgeous! (Also adore the idea of [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u] / [name_f]Claire[/name_f] Elizabeth!)