Elsa

I really like [name]Elsa[/name], but theres something that doesn’t feel quite right about it… I’d love some honest thoughts on the name.
[name]How[/name] do you imagine [name]Elsa[/name] as a child, teen and adult?
This might sound silly but I can only picture an [name]Elsa[/name] having blonde hair - does anyone have a different image? (there is no way the baby will be blonde!!- most likely her hair will be quite dark brown)

The other names we have in mind are [name]Iris[/name] and [name]Freya[/name].

[name]Hi[/name]! I don’t picture an [name]Elsa[/name] as a blonde! But that’s probably because I’ve considered it for my own future children and I have jet black hair and my partner has brown hair lol. To be honest I don’t have a definitive image of an [name]Elsa[/name], I’m not good at doing that with names because I think most names can fit a variety of looks. It does some like quite a laid back, and quiet name, but the nn [name]Elsie[/name] seems cute and kind of cheeky on a little girl! I really love the name :slight_smile:

I also love [name]Iris[/name] and [name]Freya[/name] too. I live in the UK where [name]Freya[/name] is very popular, otherwise it’d be on my list too! It’s hard for me to say because the 3 name really are 3 of my favs, but [name]Iris[/name] is my absolute favourite of the 3. I just think it has such a pretty sound combined with a really beautiful meaning :slight_smile:

Have you picked out a middle yet?

Good luck!

I like [name]Elsa[/name], mainly because it can be a nickname for [name]Elspeth[/name] - my favourite name :slight_smile:

I agree with the blonde thing, though; I could only name my daughter [name]Elspeth[/name] if she were blonde - fortunately my partner is blondish and my mum was fair too!

My partner adores the nickname [name]Elsie[/name], too - we actually had this discussion of whether [name]Elspeth[/name]/[name]Elsie[/name] could last throughout a child’s life and decided that it would. To be honest, I feel that [name]Elsa[/name] would work better for an adult than [name]Elspeth[/name] would and I’m still happy with the latter!

I like [name]Freya[/name], but it depends on where you live for the popularity factor. Also, I associate [name]Freya[/name] with fair-haired people because of the Norse goddess. [name]Iris[/name] not so much, as I tend to think of the eye part rather than the flower, but I see [name]Iris[/name] as a dark-haired lass. I would go [name]Elsa[/name] > [name]Freya[/name] > [name]Iris[/name].

And don’t forget, if you think [name]Elsa[/name] is a bit unsubstantial you can always put in a solid middle name, like [name]Elsa[/name] [name]Margaret[/name], to balance things out :slight_smile:

I really like [name]Elsa[/name], although I couldn’t really describe what type of girl I think would have the name. I consider that a plus, though, because then your little girl can define the name, instead of the other way around.

[name]Elsa[/name] is one of my favorite names! It’s so pretty and feminine without being at all frilly. My first mental picture of [name]Elsa[/name] is blonde, but I could definitely see it on a brunette, or any other look.

I really like [name]Iris[/name] and [name]Freya[/name] too-- it’s hard to choose between them! I would say that [name]Elsa[/name] seems like the most timeless of the three. I feel like [name]Iris[/name] is very much in style and current right now, among numerous other vintage-sounding names. [name]Freya[/name], like pp noted, is very popular in the UK now, and could easily cross over to US popularity. [name]Elsa[/name], on the other hand, seems more steady in its popularity. Not that I think [name]Iris[/name] and [name]Freya[/name] would be seen as ‘trendy’ or ever become ‘dated…’ but I feel even more confident that [name]Elsa[/name] would not. But that distinction is kind of nit-picky… I think any of those three choices would be fabulous :slight_smile:

I love the name [name]Elsa[/name], we were close to using it. The only thing I didn’t like about it is the possibility of it getting lost in the sea of Ellas/Ellies/Bellas, etc. I also didn’t want to risk having the nn [name]Ellie[/name] (perfectly cute name, but we already have two Ellies in my family). My family didn’t like the name, they said it is a cow’s name =( I still adore it , though,and kind of regret not using it.

I love all 3 of your contenders! [name]Freya[/name] gets my vote, followed closely by [name]Elsa[/name] and [name]Iris[/name].