Elsie or Libby?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] berries!!

[name_f]My[/name_f] question is pretty simple: do you prefer [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] or [name_f]Libby[/name_f]? Both would be full names and also operate as honor names with meaningful significance but I can’t choose which I like more on my list!

Please let me know what you think! :smiling_face: [name_f]Imagery[/name_f] and/or reasoning would be appreciated but isn’t necessary.

As a full name I like [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] best

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite is [name_f]Libby[/name_f] :tulip:

She’s bright, happy, spunky and beyond sweet. I think [name_f]Libby[/name_f] is gorgeous.

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]! It’s sweet and fun and I can easily picture it on all ages. It brings to mind blue skies, sunshine, and yellow and green fields. I like the sound a lot – it’s gentle yet spirited, and that I really like how fresh and bright the “else” syllable is.

[name_f]Libby[/name_f] has warm, sunny imagery – makes me think of the color yellow and knit sweaters. But I don’t personally love the sound of [name_f]Libby[/name_f] as much, it’s almost sickly-sweet to me. (and it’s not relevant to your decision of course, but I went to school with a [name_f]Libby[/name_f] I didn’t particularly like so that doesn’t help my personal perceptions of the name).

1 Like

As a full name i prefer [name_f]Libby[/name_f]

2 Likes

Libby!!! Yay - zippy, bright, bubbly and charming

1 Like

Elsie-- it feels more modern and fun! [name_f]Libby[/name_f] is a bit old-fashioned (imo) :sweat_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]Libby[/name_f]

2 Likes

I’m just getting back on board with [name_f]Libby[/name_f] - after not liking the sound at all growing up. Still not sure about the “lib” part but there is something strong, capable/“with it” and friendly about it. [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] is more immediately pleasing and is very pretty but it’s definitely got a more passive, cutesy feel for me. Possibly not helpful, but [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] could be the answer so you can use both! People tend to have more than one nickname.

1 Like

I definitely prefer [name_f]Libby[/name_f]! It’s one of those names that I love without totally knowing why (but I think it’s mostly because I associate it with you :wink:). I’m much more drawn to the strong and unique sound of [name_f]Libby[/name_f] than the soft sound of [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]. [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] is pretty, but [name_f]Libby[/name_f] is full of variety and sunshine!!

1 Like

While I think [name_f]Libby[/name_f] is cute, I prefer [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] — even more so as a standalone name.

[name_f]Elsie[/name_f] is all :honey_pot::blossom::seedling::hatching_chick::womans_hat: and I find it just darling! I know a little baby [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] (she’s 10 months now), and it is so adorable irl. :smiling_face:

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Libby[/name_f] but personally neither as a full name! Both just sound like childish nicknames to me.

But [name_f]Libby[/name_f] is sweet, springy and a little old fashioned (which I love). [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] honestly for some reason always makes me think of cows. :grin:

1 Like

[name_f]Elsie[/name_f], for sure! It’s such a sweet vintage classic. :slight_smile:

I’m afraid I’ve never been fond of [name_f]Libby[/name_f], as the sound just reminds me of words such as bib, lippy, etc.

1 Like

[name_f]Libby[/name_f] is my favourite! I envision a cozy library and glasses of orange juice in the sunshine

1 Like

[name_f]Libby[/name_f] I love. It reminds me of pantries and pies and the prairies.

1 Like

[name_f]Libby[/name_f]! So spunky and fresh.

1 Like