Elsie?

When you hear the name [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] does it remind you too much of [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] from Frozen?! We love the name but are worried it will remind all of our friends and family with kids of frozen!!
Thanks

3 Likes

Not a mum, but work in childcare and aunt to two Frozen obsessed little ones!

Elsie is different enough to me from [name_f]Elsa[/name_f], so it doesn’t bring Frozen to mind for me! I think you should be able to avoid too much similarity!

ETA: [name_f]My[/name_f] nephew goes to school with an [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] and he’s never commented on the Frozen thing, and I haven’t heard anyone else do so either when he mentions her! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It does remind me of Frozen but it’s such a lovely name that I can put that association aside

1 Like

I love [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], and I don’t think of Frozen. I imagine some may confuse the two, but the distinction is quite obvious and easy to explain.

1 Like

I don’t think of Frozen, I think it’s a sweet vintage name :slight_smile: one of our family friends has a little [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] and nobody has ever made a Frozen comment

2 Likes

Not a mom, but part of the generation Frozen was made for and I’ve always loved the movie (so even if it did remind me a lot of [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] that wouldn’t bother me, lol)

I personally get an entirely different vibe from [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] than [name_f]Elsa[/name_f]. [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] is forest and green and growth where [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] is … well, ice and snow and blue. So I don’t think they’re too similar at all!

I also just asked my two sisters who were very very young when Frozen came out so they barely remember a time when [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] and [name_f]Anna[/name_f] didn’t have their faces plastered on every toy aisle at the store. One of them didn’t even mention Frozen, and when I brought it up she said, “I mean sure I think of [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] but not much.” The other did instantly say [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] but she didn’t seem to think it was an overpowering association, either.

Maybe it helps that I cannot imagine [name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] going by [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] :grin:

Welcome to Nameberry, by the way!!

3 Likes

It doesn’t, but even if it did, I’d see that as nothing but positive.

1 Like

Agreed with other posters! [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] feels entirely different to me, I never would’ve associated it with [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] or Frozen. However, I don’t think it’s a negative association either way!!

2 Likes

it doesn’t remind me of frozen, if you love the name go for it. i don’t care what people think about names. For a while i really loved the name [name_f]Puma[/name_f] for a boy ( i still love it) but my brother kept making fun of that name, i didn’t care if he doesn’t like it i’m not going to make him like it. i hope you stick with this name [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] is a beautiful name (:

1 Like

It doesn’t make me think of Frozen at all, and if you love it you should go for it!

2 Likes

Totally agree!

3 Likes

I don’t think of the frozen character when I hear [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]. I think it’s fine to use it.

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]! I don’t really think of Frozen, but I immediately think of Downton [name_u]Abbey[/name_u] (Mrs. [name_m]Hughes[/name_m]’s first name is [name_f]Elsie[/name_f])

3 Likes

Not at all.

1 Like

Same!

1 Like

I honestly don’t think [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] is strongly associated with Frozen for the name to not be used. I also don’t think it’s necessarily negative to have the Frozen association either. If you love [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] use it

1 Like

No it doesn’t remind me of [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] or Frozen. I think it is a name in its own right. Although I do prefer [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] over [name_f]Elsie[/name_f].

1 Like

It feels completely different to me!

1 Like

Hi there.

Nah, it’s way different. I’m a nanny to a six year old girl. I’ve pretty much been living Frozen for the past four years, & I don’t associate [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] w/Elsa at all. Totally different vibe. I do prefer it as a nn for [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f] or [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] though.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Doesn’t remind me of [name_f]Elsa[/name_f]. I think it’s a beautiful name

1 Like