Elysia VS Eden

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! So my newest main character is an assassin, where she switches sides to take down the organization that raised her. [for context about her in particular, she was born in 1950, for a European organization]. Originally, I called her [name_f]Elysia[/name_f], but I’m feeling a strong pull toward [name_u]Eden[/name_u]. [name_f]Do[/name_f] I keep [name_f]Elysia[/name_f] or change it to [name_u]Eden[/name_u]? I’ll answer any questions you have :smile:

-BMJ

I think Elysia suits the time period more but if you would prefer to use Eden then use that

If she’s an assassin, maybe she could use Eden as a code name? Since I don’t know if Eden was actually used as a name in 1950.

1 Like

This is super late probably but I think [name_u]Eden[/name_u] would fit as much as [name_f]Elysia[/name_f].
[name_u]Eden[/name_u] is a name that has been used for thousands of years (pretty much since biblical times) so while it may not have been incredibly popular in that particular time, doesn’t mean the name wasn’t used. If you feel strongly about [name_u]Eden[/name_u], it’s a solid choice, because the name did exist in that time period.
[name_f]Elysia[/name_f] is less common than [name_u]Eden[/name_u], as it is Greek and not often used outside of Greece or those who know of the [name_u]Elysian[/name_u] Fields or the slug with the same name. I assume when you say Europe, you mean Western Europe, where [name_u]Eden[/name_u] would’ve been more widely used than [name_f]Elysia[/name_f].

You can also do the earlier suggestion by another user and use one of the two as a codename or an alias (say she travels as [name_u]Eden[/name_u] but her real name is [name_f]Elysia[/name_f] or the other way around).

1 Like