Embarrassing Name

After seeing so many bad baby names lately, I thought I’d share the worst I’ve heard in a while. Unfortunately this person is related to me, distantly thank goodness. My somehow somewhere down the line cousin named her baby boy [name]Jathan[/name]. Yep. [name]Just[/name] like [name]Nathan[/name] BUT with a J. Let’s all marvel it its uniqueness… Alright that’s enough. Yep, when he tells people his name is [name]Jathan[/name], they’ll just assume he’s [name]Jason[/name] with a really bad lisp. Poor kiddo.

LOL!

I’ve heard of Fanathan. The baby’s daddy is named [name]Nathan[/name], thus the baby is “for [name]Nathan[/name]”…

I have an ‘uncle’ [name]Tway[/name]. Not [name]Trey[/name] but [name]Tway[/name]. He’s adopted and 13 years younger than I am and I remember hearing my grandmother’s name choice and saying, “That sounds like someone with a lisp trying to say [name]Trey[/name].” Her response: “At least everyone will be able to say it!” Good reasoning.

Along the same lines at [name]Jathan[/name], I know a [name]Jory[/name]. Yes, like [name]Cory[/name] and [name]Rory[/name] but… terrible.

I used to know a girl named Tieraney. Like tyranny, but spelled like [name]Tierney[/name] with an A.

I used to know a girl named Jelucee as well, pronounced “jealousy”. I’m not sure on the spelling, but it was something similar.

[name]Jory[/name] is actually a Portuguese name. I knew a boy named [name]Jory[/name] and his sister was Zulmeida (sp?)

People tend to look at my children like they have strange names until they find out that they were not born in the USA.

The worst I have heard was [name]Misty[/name]-[name]Blue[/name]. This girl is now a teenager and thinks her mother wanted her to be a stripper when she gets older! lol.

I didn’t know [name]Jory[/name] was an actual name but it’s good to know. This [name]Jory[/name], however, is from [name]Alabama[/name]. My best friend lives next door to them. I’ve only ever heard her mention a [name]Jory[/name] but she just told me (I have no idea what I would do without Facebook) that the whole family is like that.

[name]Joseph[/name] ‘[name]Jody[/name]’ + [name]Lori[/name] = [name]Jory[/name], [name]Rosi[/name] and [name]Sadi[/name].
They even have a dog named [name]Kody[/name].

I guess it’s not really embarrassing, just sad.

Actually it’s more sad that it’s not unique. [name]Greg[/name] [name]Vaughan[/name] and his wife used it for their son a few years back. :frowning:

[name]Alexis[/name]

I swear on my own life I had class in college with a girl named [name]Crystal[/name]. Her last name? Ball. Yep. There’s a twenty something year old woman running around with this name, you just know she has to cringe anytime she tells someone her name.

One of my friends has a daughter name [name]Adora[/name], which in itself is not a bad name, but add in that her last name is Bul (pronounced like Bull) and voila you have ‘Adorable’, a little too cheesy for my taste

i have a friend named [name]Tequila[/name]… shakes head

I knew a girl named [name]Misty[/name] Mountain. I don’t know if that’s embarrassing, but I know it would embarrass me to introduce myself as that!

I love the name [name]Anita[/name], but then I realized how it sounds with my last name: [name]Anita[/name] [name]Becker[/name]… That’s BAD!

Oh! And my husband used to work with a really mean guy named [name]Woody[/name] [name]Johnson[/name]. Everyone called him Double [name]Dick[/name].

A kid in my graduating class named Burrito.
Also I knew a woman named [name]Cinderella[/name]. Which I guess is technically a name…but it was odd to meet this 40 something mother and have her introduce herself as [name]Cinderella[/name]. And that’s what she went by, not [name]Cindy[/name] or [name]Ella[/name].

Her name was [name]Stormy[/name] and her last name [name]Raynes[/name]. But of course her middle name was [name]April[/name].

The aunt of someone I once knew was named Rapunzel. Ugh.

Funny I would read this question today… I work for a school bus company, and we transport kids to camps… Today I got an application and it literally said…

“[name]Samanta[/name] (There is NO ‘H’ in [name]Samanta[/name])”

I almost fell to the floor!

this isnt very embarssing but my friend knew these girls named:
[name]Milli[/name] Grahm
[name]Holli[/name] Grahm
and [name]Kelli[/name] Grahm
i just think its kinda odd.
and there is this one girl a grade below me,
and her name is Fabby Lis(now that is embarssing to me)
and sometimes people accidentally call her fatty.!

Haha! I feel bad laughing at this BUT… a friend of mine used to joke that she’d name all her kids to sound like normal names said with a lisp.

Like Thuthan. Or Thamantha. Or [name]Thandy[/name]. Oh and my personal favorite: Thebathtian.

I know this adorable, tiny little girl with an absurdly long name:

[name]Zara[/name] [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Trinity[/name] [name]Lee[/name] [name]Wolf[/name]…

poor child.

This girl I know is named [name]Misty[/name], but she just got married to this guy with the last name Castle. [name]Misty[/name] Castle.

Also, I know a girl named [name]Robin[/name] who got married and is now [name]Robin[/name] [name]Robinson[/name].

I know you can’t choose love, but you can choose whether or not you take the last name. In both of these cases, I would keep my last name.