Emerson (nn Emery) or just Emery?

I’m aware this name is considerably more popular with girls currently, but please humour me in this question :). [name_f]Do[/name_f] you prefer [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] with the nickname [name_u]Emery[/name_u], or do you think [name_u]Emery[/name_u] is better as a standalone?

I personally like [name_u]Emery[/name_u] as a stand alone in boys.

I personally like [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] for a boy :slight_smile:

I adore [name_u]Emerson[/name_u]. I have [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] [name_u]Gray[/name_u] on my short list (both honoring). I think [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] is very handsome. [name_u]Emery[/name_u] is wonderful also. If you went with [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] you would have the best of both worlds. But you cannot go wrong either way.

I like both [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] and [name_u]Emery[/name_u] but think if you’d be calling him [name_u]Emery[/name_u] most of the time, then I’d just name him [name_u]Emery[/name_u] by itself.

I prefer [name_u]Emerson[/name_u], but it would depend on the last name too, as I also like [name_u]Emery[/name_u]. For me personally [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] doesn’t work with my last name and I also like to vary syllables between first and last name, most of the time it just sounds better to me.

I like [name_u]Emerson[/name_u], I love the added literary connection.

I like them both, I slightly prefer [name_u]Emery[/name_u] because it has a longer history as a name but [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] would allow you to use both names that you love. Though choice!

I love [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] without any nicknames.

Definitely [name_u]Emerson[/name_u]! I love the name [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] --sounds so executive, masculine, and unique. [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] is all boy to me. To me the name [name_u]Emery[/name_u] sounds more “girly” but [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] is all boy! Go for it!!

I also like the name [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] [name_u]Gray[/name_u] that was suggested by another person and the fact that celebrities [name_u]Curtis[/name_u] [name_m]Stone[/name_m] and [name_u]Lindsay[/name_u] [name_m]Price[/name_m] just named their son [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]. That has a nice ring to it too.

I totally see [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] as a boy’s name and really love it. I prefer the full name [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] nn [name_u]Emery[/name_u].