Emiliana or Liana?

I have recently fell in love with [name_f]Emiliana[/name_f], what do you think? I heard a few months ago on Voice Kids Deutschland when a little girl, called [name_f]Liana[/name_f], sung a song by [name_f]Emiliana[/name_f] Torrini. At first, I wasn’t wowed by the name, at that time, [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] was the first on my list. Now, I’ve had a falling out with [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] and begun to adore [name_f]Emiliana[/name_f] more and more. I also loved [name_f]Liana[/name_f] though, I thought it could be a good nickname. Is [name_f]Emiliana[/name_f] too frilly? [name_f]Emiliana[/name_f] or [name_f]Liana[/name_f]?

Thank you! xx

1 Like

Personally, I prefer the simplicity of [name_f]Liana[/name_f], though [name_f]Emiliana[/name_f] is certainly quite lovely and romantic.

2 Likes

I still prefer [name_f]Liana[/name_f] [name_f]Catrina[/name_f].

1 Like

I love [name_f]Emiliana[/name_f]. [name_f]Liana[/name_f] would be a great nn for it though.

1 Like

I think you should go for [name_f]Emiliana[/name_f]! [name_f]Liana[/name_f] could definitely be her nickname, plus, it gives her more nickname options for friends when she’s older, depending on which ones she prefers personally.

1 Like

Emiliana is elegant and frilly in a good way!

1 Like

I personally prefer [name_f]Liana[/name_f]

1 Like

cute combination! x

1 Like

All of these names are great names!
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] has always been one of my favorites and I still think it’s beautiful.
[name_f]Emiliana[/name_f] has a very pretty flow and whimsical feel to it.
[name_f]Liana[/name_f] also has that nice flow but less of a mouthful.
I think you could use [name_f]Liana[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Emiliana[/name_f] easily!
So my vote would be for [name_f]Emiliana[/name_f] and then using [name_f]Liana[/name_f] as a nickname option.

1 Like

Thank you for your insight! I still love [name_f]Emilia[/name_f], just not so in love with the popularity and the people I know called it! x

1 Like

Unfortunately I think [name_f]Emiliana[/name_f] has a few too many syllables and vowels, and [name_f]Liana[/name_f] sounds a little incomplete. How about [name_f]Ariana[/name_f] (like Dumbledore’s sister :)) or [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]?

I worried about that, [name_f]Emiliana[/name_f] is a bit of a mouthful, that is why I like it shortened to [name_f]Liana[/name_f]. I’m not really keen on [name_f]Ariana[/name_f], but I love [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] connection! [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] is beautiful (also in [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] :)), but unfortunately I can’t decide on emm-eleen or emmel-lein (like the [name_m]German[/name_m] number one, ein). Thank you for the reply! xx

I’m currently pregnant and [name_f]Emiliana[/name_f] “[name_f]Liana[/name_f]” just sung to me! Thank you for the name, on the list it goes! x

1 Like

Aw! Congratulations :tada: , glad I could help!

1 Like