Emily nicknames?

I am looking for any and all nicknames for [name_f]Emily[/name_f]. SO and I have decided that if we used this as a first name, we would prefer to have at least one “official” nickname to differentiate her from other Emilys. Some suggestions I’ve got from elsewhere:

[name_f]Em[/name_f]
Emmy/Emi
Lee-Lee
Leelou
[name_f]Lulu[/name_f]
[name_f]Mimi[/name_f]
[name_m]Mills[/name_m]

We can’t use [name_f]Millie[/name_f] or [name_f]Miley[/name_f] as I have cousins with both these names (and [name_m]Mills[/name_m] cuts it close).

Which of these do you like? And do you have any ideas we’ve missed?

What about [name_f]Milou[/name_f]?

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_f]Emily[/name_f] and most people default to [name_f]Em[/name_f] as a nickname. [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] / [name_f]Emmie[/name_f] / [name_f]Emi[/name_f] would probably be the second most common one I get but I only really like it coming from people I’m very close to because it sounds very childish and cutesy to me. From your list I’ve also gotten [name_f]Mimi[/name_f] from some small cousins who couldn’t pronounce my name yet. Others in addition to your list that I’ve gotten are: EmEm, Emz, [name_f]Emma[/name_f], Emzie, Eminem. I’m sure there’s more but those are all I can think of right now.

You could call her “E”.

Emma or Mila?

[name_f]Emmy[/name_f] and [name_f]Mimi[/name_f] are lovely!!

[name_f]Mila[/name_f], Ely/Elly, [name_m]Emil[/name_m], [name_u]Lee[/name_u], [name_f]Mitzi[/name_f], Ezzie, Mim/Mims maybe?

1 Like

Seconding [name_f]Mila[/name_f]! Also maybe [name_u]Milo[/name_u]?

1 Like

Emma,Mia,Millie,Mi,Ellie/Elly

[name_f]Emily[/name_f] is such a nice name! [name_f]My[/name_f] adorable 1 year old kitten is named that.
I don’t think it needs a nickname, but I understand wanting one since it’s so common.
[name_f]Emmy[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmalou[/name_f]
Emmalit
[name_f]Em[/name_f]