Emma or Brooke?

Opinions please? :slight_smile:

[name]Emma[/name] [name]Brooke[/name]

or

[name]Brooke[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]

P.S. Last name is [name]Mickey[/name]

I love both names…[name]Emma[/name] and [name]Brooke[/name] are a little too trendy for my taste, though. If I had to pick, I would choose [name]Brooke[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] because I like the flow and it’s cute (I also have a weakness for the middle name [name]Elizabeth[/name]–it’s mine).

[name]Hope[/name] this helps!

I’m not a huge fan of [name]Brooke[/name]. Despite [name]Emma[/name]'s popularity, however, I find it to be quite a lovely name.

[name]Emma[/name] [name]Brooke[/name] is pretty enough, but something feels… abrupt? about it. Maybe it’s the shortness of both names, in a way.

[name]Brooke[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] I find to be nicer, because of the middle name.

So, I’d go with [name]Emma[/name] as far as first names and [name]Elizabeth[/name] as far as middle names… I’m afraid I’m not being very helpful. :frowning:

I don’t like the name [name]Brooke[/name], and much prefer [name]Emma[/name], though [name]Brooke[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] sounds good together.

[name]Brooke[/name].

I much prefer [name]Brooke[/name], both because I’m tired of [name]Emma[/name], and because I think [name]Emma[/name] [name]Mickey[/name] is a little awkward. [name]Brooke[/name] [name]Mickey[/name] is a little abrupt sounding, but it’s not bad.

I’ve never been a fan of [name]Brooke[/name] and I only know one [name]Emma[/name], so I’m going to vote for [name]Emma[/name] [name]Brooke[/name]. You get to use your two favorite names at once.

Good luck!

[name]Emma[/name]

I personally do not like the name [name]Brooke[/name] at all. I think [name]Emma[/name] is a darling name, no matter how popular it may be–I am a childcare provider & only know one [name]Emma[/name] (she is 5 years old).
I agree with the other poster about [name]Emma[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]–I think it is an adorable combination, and flows much better than [name]Emma[/name] [name]Brooke[/name].
I’ve also really been liking the name [name]Emmaline[/name] lately–have you thought about it? Or what about [name]Emmalyn[/name]?
I think [name]Emmaline[/name] [name]Mickey[/name] sounds better than [name]Emma[/name] [name]Mickey[/name]–the flow is so much nicer, [name]IMO[/name], and it’s a less common name.
Best,
L.

Thank you everyone! It sounds as though [name]Brooke[/name] is not on the top of everyone’s fav list… I expected that though. I will take all of your suggestions into consideration. [name]Emma[/name] is the number 2 name in the country and I don’t know a single one. I know a lot of doubles of a lot of other names I.e. [name]Sienna[/name]'s, [name]Peyton[/name]'s, [name]Riley[/name]'s, [name]Charlotte[/name]'s, lots of [name]Brynn[/name]'s… etc. So it goes to show you that popularity shouldn’t stand in your way I suppose! :slight_smile:

I agree, I usually worry about popularity and won’t use a name in the top 200 ish, but I’m absolutely in love with [name]Phoebe[/name] and even though it’s top 30 in the UK it’s still use it without hesitation because I love it.

If you feel that way about [name]Emma[/name], then use it. The only time a name’s popularity in a certain decade is really that noticeable, is during school, when lots of people the same age are in one place. Once your daughter starts her working life etc she’ll be surrounded by people of different ages and it won’t seem like there are so many [name]Emma[/name]'s. And apart from that, it’s a classic, timeless name that will always be in style.

I like the name [name]Brooke[/name] also, and [name]Brooke[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is a pretty combination but I do prefer [name]Emma[/name] as to me it’s less harsh, and will never become dated. Having said that, like other posters, I’m not keen on the combination of [name]Emma[/name] [name]Brooke[/name]. It does seem abrupt.

I think [name]Emma[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is lovely though, and here are a few more middle name ideas for you to consider:

[name]Emma[/name] [name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Emma[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Emma[/name] [name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Emma[/name] [name]Bryony[/name]
[name]Emma[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Emma[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Emma[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Emma[/name] [name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Emma[/name] [name]Jacqueline[/name]
[name]Emma[/name] [name]Jillian[/name]
[name]Emma[/name] [name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Emma[/name] [name]Gabrielle[/name]