Emma or Emily

Though [name_f]Emily[/name_f] is still popular, I think [name_f]Emma[/name_f] is replacing it. I don’t know how I feel about this because I think [name_f]Emily[/name_f] is such a perfect name. It’s simple, easy to say and spell, feminine, has no bad associations, is sweet, and could really fit any type of girl or any age. I don’t feel this way with [name_f]Emma[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Emma[/name_f] is just too trendy. What do you think?

I think [name_f]Emma[/name_f] is just sweet classic - I think of Madame Bovary.

I prefer [name_f]Emma[/name_f], but it’s very trendy too. I don’t like [name_f]Emily[/name_f], it’s kind of boring.
[name_f]Emilie[/name_f] and [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] are way better. I love [name_f]Emilie[/name_f] :smiley:

Of the two I would choose [name_f]Emily[/name_f]. [name_f]Emma[/name_f] is super popular. I think any name starting with “[name_f]Em[/name_f]” is really overused so I’m avoiding those names. I know 3 [name_f]Emily[/name_f]'s (4, 7, and older adult in her 60’s) and 2 [name_f]Emma[/name_f]'s (adult and 5).

I prefer [name_f]Emma[/name_f]. I think it ages better, and I’ve always loved [name_f]Gemma[/name_f], so it’s very close. That being said, it is also popular, but [name_f]Emily[/name_f] is popular too!

I adore [name_f]Emily[/name_f] and hate [name_f]Emma[/name_f]. [name_f]Emma[/name_f] is definitely becoming more popular and [name_f]Emily[/name_f] is dropping. [name_f]Emma[/name_f] just sounds so meek and feeble to me. [name_f]Emily[/name_f] can be anything she sets her mind to. Besides, it sounds like you prefer [name_f]Emily[/name_f] to [name_f]Emma[/name_f], so why are you asking our opinion? Go with what you love! [name_f]Emily[/name_f] would 100% be my choice.

What about [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]? Best of both worlds!

I prefer [name_f]Emma[/name_f], but both are pretty.

i love [name_f]Emily[/name_f]. [name_f]Emma[/name_f] just doesn’t roll off my tongue as nicely, idk. but i agree w/ you.

Yes, I think I want to stick to [name_f]Emily[/name_f].

I much prefer [name_f]Emily[/name_f] to [name_f]Emma[/name_f].

[name_f]Emma[/name_f] feels over-sweet to me, like icing roses. [name_f]Emily[/name_f] is more attractive to me, a stronger sound, less meek. [name_f]Emma[/name_f] and [name_f]Ava[/name_f] don’t do it for me. [name_f]Emily[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] do.

I like [name_f]Emma[/name_f] better. I feel like [name_f]Emily[/name_f] has been used so much for the past years, that it just feels overdone.
[name_f]Emma[/name_f], while also popular, is more timeless to me. There might be thousands of Emmas out there but I still think it’s a pretty name, maybe because it shorter and more simple?!

I like then both but prefer [name_f]Emily[/name_f] probably because it sounds better with my surname. Which sounds better with yours?

I’d love to have [name_f]Emily[/name_f] on my short list but [name_f]Em[/name_f]-names do seem so popular.

If I had to choose it would be [name_f]Emily[/name_f], because [name_f]Emma[/name_f] reminds me of baby talk. In reality I dislike both, I know 10+ [name_f]Emily[/name_f]'s, and that is a major downside to me.

I like both names.

I prefer [name_f]Emily[/name_f]. [name_f]Emma[/name_f] is sweet, but [name_f]Emily[/name_f] is a prettier name to me.

I hate both. Sorry they’ve been overdone. I’ve grown up with at least 3 of each in my grade and even more in grades below me. I honestly cringe hearing either because I think the world has enough Emmas and Emilys. I prefer simply [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] or, I know, God forbid [name_u]Emerson[/name_u].